Author Topic: Merry Christmas all.  (Read 6621 times)

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
Merry Christmas all.
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:38:35 am »
Hope Santa brought you some nice racing presents.  Looking forward to seeing my nice new spare sealed engine under the tree.  Or maybe a nice set of new tires and rims.  Or...  OK, so I'll let you know later today!

Merry Christmas,
Mike

If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Merry Christmas all.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 03:43:43 am »
Hi Mike,
 A Merry Christmas To You And Yours!!!!
That goes for ALL The Nice Folks on the site!

I've bought a few more parts, and am getting closer to getting my car together.
Kyle is sending a rack and pinion unit. Dave  sent me a very nice steering wheel, shaft, and quick disconnect. I got some wheels, springs, and other misc. parts from Scott over the past year. Pics from Al and Others. Lots of good info from SO MANY (Pegalis, Jredd, Mike R.) The list is endless !!!
 Looking back; It has been a VERY GOOD YEAR!!!!
I have met some new friends; Getting closer to finishing my dream (To build my own car); And, Hopefully, have given others something that will be of help to build their dreams.
 My Thanks To All!!!!

Merry Christmas! And a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!!

Steve

PS
 Good Post Mike!

Thank You!!!!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline LunaticMark

• You're not drivin hard enough if you don't spin it
    • Cnc Graphic design
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:38:08 pm »
Merry Christmas from the city of sin...lol

My present is gonna be a bit late, but within the next month, it'll be here...lol
My brand new 37 Chevy Sedan... woo hoo.
Just in time to tear it apart and paint it before the season... haha!!!
Yes, I am a lunatic... but it's really fun!!!

CnC Graphic Design
 Vinyl Stickers, signs, decals, graphics, numbers
CnCgraphicdesign website
(702)685-7031

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:36:04 pm »
Lucky me!

My wife took my plea to heart.  I asked that anyone thinking of getting me a present, just give me some little toy to play with.  Nothing much, and nothing expensive.  I'm at that stage in life that except for the really big items I may have wanted, if I wanted it, I already bought it!  I'm now old enough that I'm earning a good wage, no longer strapped for cash and can afford to spend money on myself.  So I do!

That being said, I got nothing for my car except a roll of duct tape that is aqua colored from my brother.  Now that was a gag gift that I'll love having.  He was walking through Princess Auto, and saw what he thought was an ugly colored roll of tape.  Who in their right mind would buy that?  Of course he had to buy it for me!  I'm intending to have part of my car painted aqua, and we all know that every racer needs color co-ordinated duct tape!  Good on him for finding that one.

I got a few fun, silly toys that I'll play with for a bit, then put aside so I can buckle down and get my car finished.  Ever seen an electric paper airplane launcher?  Cheap fun, for an afternoon or two.  Going to have to launch a few outside now that I've smacked into every surface inside.  :)

Even got a vintage style set of Mechano.  I know that at 48 years of age it seems like a silly gift, but I had described this mechano set that I used to spend tons of time with as a little tyke, and when my wife saw this set she thought I should have it for old times sake.  I love it!  It's silly and it's fun.  I'd never have thought to buy either item for myself, but love that someone else did. 

The last couple of years I've taken a good chunk of money that I'd normally use to buy lavish gifts for friends and family, and given it to a couple of charities for presents for needy families.  Now I just buy little fun things for family and friends.  I'm hoping they don't mind.  They like me, can well afford to buy their own expensive gifts.

Merry Christmas,
Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 02:28:11 am »
 I got home early Christmas morning, then got called back to work. Just got home.
I missed Christmas dinner (Again); But presents have not been opened yet. I am off for 2 days, and NOT answering my phone. Unfortunately, my wife has to be to work at 5:45 AM. So; I'm going to wait until she gets home; Give her a hug and a kiss; then tear into presents!!!! I can't wait to see her face when she opens hers.  ;D
 Hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 02:42:38 pm »
Merry Christmas everyone (a day late). 

John

anything