Author Topic: Great Experience with LegendGears.com  (Read 10139 times)

Offline zs89

Great Experience with LegendGears.com
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:37:49 pm »
Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. I race legend cars locally around North Carolina at Caraway,Anderson,Concord. I am not sure if you guys have heard of LegendGears.com but I would highly recommend them!  They rebuild legend gears, service them, and rent gears. I found out about them through racingjunk.com . I had a beat up gear sitting in the corner of my shop and decided to send it to them. The turn around time is less then a week and I couldn't believe how free the gear spun. Their customer service is awesome and I highly recommend them.

Here is the ad...

http://www.racingjunk.com/Dwarf-Legends/181737674/LegendGears.com-Gear-Rentals-Servicing-Sales.html

I look forward to using this forum as often as I can for questions and help!

Thanks,
Zack S

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Great Experience with LegendGears.com
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »
Hi Nick.
Welcome to the forum.

I find it extremely hard to believe your story, as Legendsgears.com first registered on Racingjunk last Thursday, February 21, 2013.
If you found out about them as soon as they posted their first ad on Racingjunk, you would have sent your gear out Thursday, and had it back already today, Monday, in order to tell us all about them. Seems a bit too far fetched for me.

If you're the proprietor of the business, would be better off being honest with people.

Your story is bogus
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline zs89

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:49 pm »
Mr. Bucher,

First of all my name is Zack which is clearly stated at the bottom of my post... Second thank you for your opinion on what I posted but I strongly suggest you do your homework before you state that my story is Bogus.. I live in Concord North Carolina which happens to be where LegendGears.com is located.. so after seeing their post on racing junk on Thursday, I called them friday morning to see if I could bring my gear to them. They said that it would be ready to pick up Monday which means they clearly had all day Friday and all day Saturday and thennnn all day Sunday to rebuild my gear.... Clearly its possible if you ask me so once again Thanks to LegendGears.com for the QUICK turnaround and delivering a great product! Jim I suggest you send them a gear to see for yourself... See you at dirt Nationals.... "ZACK"    not Nick...

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:28:33 pm »
My apologies on the name mistake, took the end of your last name, my bad.

On, the rest...I guess technically anything is possible given the right amount of luck, timing, and alignment of the moons...even the extremely unlikely.

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »
LegendsGears.Com is one of Zacks sponsors.
He is new to Farbo Motorsports this year.
This information was posted on facebook Feb. 8th, 2013.
Zack is going to school at Belmont Abbey College in Belmont, North Carolina for a business degree with a focus on motorsports management where he is currently in his senior year. (This from his website)
I believe your story to be less than forthcoming.
I don't appreciate a blatent attempt to advertise for your sponsor. Be truthful.
Use the advertising sections like everyone else.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:12 pm »
Awesome. Read his post on the Yahoo group, it reads like a script for commercial. I am sure these guys do really well when working with gears as do others. Its always a dog fight for advertising here there and everywhere. Hey the guy got the word out!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »
I don't have a problem with advertising in the appropriate sections.
I do have a problem with an overzealous driver who is less than truthful.
It won't happen again.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:13:43 pm »
Just a shame he felt he had to lie about it. Why not just say this is my sponsor, they do good work? Guess that's what they teach you in motorsports marketing college.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NCsetupguy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:44 pm »
Sounds Like you guys are mad because you havent heard of this company? idk sounds like a pretty cool deal if you ask me... Hopefully I can be as cool and knowledgeable about Legends Cars one day, till then I guess ill just keep flipping burgers!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »
Another interesting first post.
I've no problem with the company. May be a good place to deal with.
I have issues with the integrity of Zack.
Guess I'll keep waiting tables and playing with race cars.

The above post came from a member of Belmont Abbey Motorsports Management.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 08:21:18 am »
Sounds Like you guys are mad because you havent heard of this company? idk sounds like a pretty cool deal if you ask me... Hopefully I can be as cool and knowledgeable about Legends Cars one day, till then I guess ill just keep flipping burgers!

No, I hadn't heard of this company. Unfortunately I dont know of every company that has come into existence in the last month or so.
The gear rental sounds like a great idea, not one that I am aware of on a large scale anywhere else, hope it works for them.
I think the problem, at least mine, was the way it was brought up.  Just say, "this is my sponsor, check them out", no need for an elaborate story, then a follow up even more elaborate story that are both false.

Hopefully your colleague will be more forthright in his future business dealings, or he will have a long road ahead of him. Just a little advice from someone with 20 years experience in the business world, neither business of which is food preparation, though many a man has provided a living for his family doing  just that.

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:15 pm »
I was down at Farbo Motorsports a couple of weeks back to ask Ryan a question about a car I purchased from last year and talked with the guy that builds the gears for LegendsGears.com for about a half an hour. He was very nice and they seem to have a real nice operation going down there.

I know I am realitively new to this forum as well as new to Legends racing in general but if/when I need gear work done I will be sending my stuff there.

Just to clarify I have no affiliation to LegendGears.com or Farbo Motorsports other than purchasing a used car from Ryan last fall. Since then I have spoken to Ryan on several occasions and he has been very helpful with any questions I have had.

Offline erich17

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 09:09:05 pm »
I am not sure if its because of the recent rule changes at INEX but some of you seem quick to jump at somebody outside of the "cool" guys circle.  Who cares if he is promoting a sponsor or if he really did have his gear rebuilt.  Do any of you plan on sending a gear to the company or are you just looking for somebody to argue with online? Some of you need to remember that this is a hobby for most and even if its a small business for some I would hope its not your main focus unless located in or around NC or GA.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »
Matt,

No problem with his sponsor.
I looked at the link to the ad on racingjunk and it raised some red flags with me.
When I asked him if he was associated with the company, he lied and said no.
Advertising needs to be done in the advertising sections.

Steve

anything