Author Topic: Ordering directly from 600 racing  (Read 16709 times)

Offline Legendracer24

Ordering directly from 600 racing
« on: December 23, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »
hey everybody, first off merry xmas to all!
i have a quick question, i decided to fix my legends car myself instead of paying someone to do it...but i have a quick question....how is 600 racing with as far as their parts department? Like how much is shipping for about 1500$ worth of parts would you estimate? How is their response time etc? just wanted to see anyones thoughts on how they are to deal with.....Let me know your thoughts! -Tyler ;D

the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Ordering directly from 600 racing
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:52:12 pm »
I order all my parts from them directly since I was charged 7-10% over list price from the local dealer.   :'(
They are quick with shipping, but they are closed until next year, so you'll have to wait a little while. Just call and tell them what you need, they'll take care of you
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:57:56 pm »
I have ordered parts from 600 with no problems and quick service, but if I can get the parts from my local dealer I do. I find that his prices are the same or close to 600 with no shipping cost.   When you can support your local dealer you should.  Our dealer has a ton of parts instock and when you need help he is there at the track or shop.
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:01:02 pm »
Our closest dealer is a 3 hour drive away in a different state, and I never saw him at the track beacuse he doesnt believe in dirt racing, plus the over list issue = our difference in opinion. Obviously Dave and I have different dealers!!!  I would love to have one I could count on. I know there are alot of great dealers out there, and would recommend you spend some time getting to know yours, then you'll know the right thing to do
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 09:20:18 pm »
Tyler ,

What is it that you need?  Our Legends shop has just about everything, we are more than competetive with prices, let me know maybe I can help.

Mike.

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 07:11:52 am »
qweedqwag(nice name btw) lol... First off where are you located? I have a list of about 20 things that i need, all pretty major, including the upgraded spindle package 3 new shocks (for some reason i only have 1 bilstein on my car) a FRONT CLIP, wiring harness, those are the biggies....I would really apperciate it if you could help me out, not to whine about it but my dad doesnt know a piston from a banana and they dont give me any money to help so im all on my own-literally. Thanks if you can help-TYLER :)
the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Red Racer1

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 04:00:03 pm »
I have a stock clip from 600 racing in my garage.  The guy who is reclipping my car builds his own clips so I don't need it.   If you are near GA I will be glad to sellyou mine.  If you are too far away, it will probably be cheaper for you to buy it from 600.

Kim Kelley Jr

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 04:02:33 pm »
yes, thanks for the offer but im in NJ....

Red Racer1

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 04:44:04 pm »
It wouldn't be worth the shipping cost for you.  I always have good look buying my parts from the Legends of Ga store.  Most of the time I get my parts the next day or two for a pretty good price.  You should be able to find a dealer on the 600 racing dealer listing page. 

Kim Kelley Jr

EDavis

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »
If you dont mind me asking, what happened to your car? Sounds pretty major from the parts you need.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 01:45:24 am »
Hey Tyler,

I live in Canada, near Ottawa.  I ordered about $520 in parts in November.  Cost me about $100 in shipping.  Not a bad cost considering the distance and bulk.  In that order were 4 bumpers, two fenders, and two running boards plus a few small items.  The price was fine, but of course for me there was an extra delay and cost going through customs.  Another $117 for that one.

Dealing with 600racing was great.  Easy to get on with, just give them a call and they'll set you up.  Took 5 days to get it here, and that's with a delay at the border for clearing through customs.

I did consider going through our dealer, though have heard some concerns about getting parts in a timely manner, and decided not to risk it for this order.  I do agree that going through your local dealer can have some advantages.  A good dealer will show up at your track with a bunch of stock on hand.  They'll often hand you the parts out of the trailer for on hand repairs, and settle with you later if you have a good rapport with them.  In other words, support them and they'll support you.  I'm hoping this will be the case at our track with our local dealer, but to be honest, everything I've heard about our dealer doesn't give me confidence this will be the case.

Ask some of the guys racing in your area their opinion of your local dealer, then play it by ear.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:59:54 pm »
So I have to add to this thred again  :).  I decided to use a different dealer instead of 600 thinking there has to be a good dealer out there.  My local dealer took months to get me parts and the mark up was uge.  I went to another dealer and the shipping costs were super low and the markup was not that bad.  I order 2 K&N air filters and I got 1 for a Legend and one for a Bando or something.  I order 4 ball joints and got 3 large and 1 small.  I gotta say the dealer channel is letting me down once again.  I think I need to open a dealership.  I have been in sales and customer service for many years and I get frustrated when I don't receive good service (especially when you are paying for it).

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 11:37:19 pm »
I know what you mean.  I ordered two spindle kits.  I got two spindles and spindle bodies, not kits.  No bolts, no lower arm.  Not sure how they expected me to replace a steel spindle with this...  The lower arm is a fixed part of the steel spindle and doesn't have bolts.  This isn't rocket science.  The kit is very clearly pictured on the 600 racing website, so why can't the dealer figure it out?  Ticks me off, now I have to wait yet some more until I can change over my spindles.  Crap!

Customer service is slipping in many places.  I went paint hunting today and decided I'd stop in at the new parts store in town...  Yup.  Stood at the counter for 5 minutes while the guy behind the counter slouched over the phone having a personal conversation with someone.   He looked at me a couple of times but never bother acknowledging me.  I was hoping for some kind of indication I was standing at the right counter since there is another counter at the back of the store.  Neither counter has a sign letting you know it's purpose.  The rear counter was unmanned at the time.  The lad behind the counter never even went as far as to say, "I'll be with you in a minute".  Nothing!  So I wandered away to check out some stock on the shelves, then after 2 minutes stood at the counter again for a couple of minutes.  Still nothing from the guy behind the counter. 

I finally left the store saying "I guess I'll go elsewhere since you don't want business."  I doubt the kid cares, but I do!  He lost the company $200 bucks in paint.  More than that, he lost the company all the paint I'll buy in the future when I do repairs on the car.  He also may have lost the company the business I'd have given them for things like Hiems, bolts, filters, you name it.   I'll write to the company to let them know of their loss and my frustration, but I'm pissed that it went there in the first place.  All it would have taken was a couple words in a timely fashion.  I'd have waited knowing that I would be served, and I was at the right counter.  The general attitude displayed by the guy's posture also says a lot.  Doesn't anyone train their counter people?  Don't they understand that this person represents their company more that any slogan or fancy advertising?  He pissed me off, I left.  It's that simple.

Rant over.  Sorry you're getting the run around from the guy out west Ricky Bobby.  Work harder on getting the dealership.  I'll buy from you.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 09:18:04 am »
Thanks MegaMan.  After all you would have to buy from your new brother  ;D

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:15 am »
I think I need to open a dealership. 
Good luck with that. We dont have one in Wisconsin, and me and another driver had an option on a 3000 sq ft building, a business plan, and the capital and investors to spend the $100,ooo they wanted in sales to open, but 600 wouldnt let us because the dealer in Illinois was "doing such a good job servicing the Wisconsin market", and they didnt want to "step on his toes",so after a couple months, we finally gave up. I just buy everything through Foxworthy now, he's easy to deal with and the stuff gets here fast.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100