Author Topic: K&N Part HP-1004  (Read 17646 times)

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Re: K&N Part HP-1004
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 05:16:10 pm »
Is there anybody on here that was an official sealed engine builder in the past? Besides me?

Im just trying to figure if all this technical advice regarding engines is coming from people in the motorcycle performance engine business such as myself.  When i figure out what im dealing with we will discuss oil pressure and how it knows no direction other than leaks or blow off valves.  IF YOU ARE COMBINING BOTH SIDES OF THE OIL PUMP AND HAVENT HAD THE COOLER RELIEF BLOCKED, you are starting to bleed pressure above 30psi to the main galley.

While I was asked to be a sealed engine builder back when Darrell & Fred Meis were in Vegas, I chose not to because of all of the issues I could see up front in the program. So, no I was never an "official" sealed engine builder, but I have built over 200 FJ/XJR engines and I am well versed in performance engine building.

I do build FJ/XJR engines and have been since 1995 with the latest being installed in the car as I type this. I started in Legends racing in 1994 and have won countless national & state INEX championships both personally and with RPM customers.

In fact at least one RPM powered, maintained & tuned car, whether a Legends or Thunder Roadster, has been on the front cover of the INEX rule book consecutively since 2005.

Your statement is correct that if the secondary oil pressure bypass is not shimmed it will open as the main galley oil pressure will cause it to open & bypass oil into the oil pan. One thing that is commonly misunderstood is the fact that many engine builders tell their customers that "shimming" the bypass will increase the oil pressure.

Like, Dennis already mentioned, oil systems have as many opinions on what brand of oil is the best to run...

I choose, run and sell the system that I have been using for years. I maintains proper oil temperatures, pressure and extends engine life.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.