Author Topic: Way too many oiling setup choices....  (Read 5641 times)

Offline slack11

Way too many oiling setup choices....
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:05:03 pm »
Here is my last question on this, just want to get this done and move on. 

Looking at hank scott's oiling setup on his website, he has the line coming out of the oil filter puck from the back to the remote oil filter, then the cooler.

Looking on the cmg website, they have the line coming out of the oil puck to the cooler first, then the remote filter.   

Does it make a difference where you put the remote oil filter, before or after the cooler?

Thanks again

knoxracing

Re: Way too many oiling setup choices....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:38:04 pm »
I have always seen the oil filtered first. From the puck to the filter, then to the cooler. If you position a th`weree port adapter under the exhausr area such as Hank or My set up, the line cinfiguration is very simple and the amount of line is less used.

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:17:00 pm »
All of which is moot if you've ever watched a mechanical oil pressure gauge when you turn the steering wheel to the left...

knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44:09 pm »
Since I am NOT an engine guy I would have to guess thats why some tracks that circular seem to be engine eaters? I am guessing turning left all the way around sligs the oil away from the pickup and drops pressure?

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 08:11:15 pm »
Absolutely, the bigger the track or more grip, the bigger the problem. It goes hand in hand with oil overflow issues, all the oil that should be around the oil pickup, ends up in the clutch, then shortly thereafter, all over the windshield and fender.  Dirt guys that have less available grip, usually get more life from an engine for this reason.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:13 am »
grape.. what is the answer to keep the oil in the pan is there a tray avilable or anything?

joe

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »
my mentor and former employer who taught me all of the engine stuff tried a zillion different kind of baffles, we argued, of course because he never saw what i did on the oil pressure gauge in the car.  Nothing worked, until i built an oil pickup that goes over and picks the oil up under the gear box.  It took me a bit to figure out the other good part of this was, it acted like a dry sump and kept the oil out of the clutch, so wham bam, we fixed two giant problems at once.  all of my customers have the pickups in their engines, however it becomes a pain during the road course season, as they are given strict instructions not to turn right, even tire warming on oval scares me with the oil pick up we build.  Scott Reinhardt knows what i'm doing and has known for the last 10 years or so, and so far he turns his eye the other direction, especially while i was employed by US Legends here in texas.

anything