Author Topic: Seat opinions?  (Read 20937 times)

Offline slack11

Seat opinions?
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »
Gotta buy a new seat for my new car,  want a full containment seat, not a standard with add ons...

Found a butler built legends advantage seat, these are 1200 new, but they are a little heavier than an ultrashield or a kirkey.   I have seen a bunch of butler seats in pictures of legends, what models are everyone using in these cars?  Are the butler seats worth the extra weight and the extra price tag.   Just haven't seen a lot of them up here, but I do see a lot of them used in pictures from further south.

I can get a kirkey 68 series seat or this butler for about the same price, just wanted to see what others think about these seats first.

Thanks for any help.

Offline hotshoe8t

Re: Seat opinions?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:38 pm »
http://thejoieofseating.com/custom-race-seats.html

really can't beat lajoie's seats for safety and comfort.

Offline slack11

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:54:47 pm »
I love the lajoie seats, had one in my last car that I was dumb enough to sell with it...... That's why I need a new one.   Just can't afford the price tag of the lajoie seat..... 

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:59:29 pm »
The kirkey model 68 works great in these cars. That's what I suggest . And they only run about 650 bucks. I've also used ultrashield vs for 500 bucks works out good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I felt like my head was too far forward with my Hans on but I raced for two years with that seat .

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »
http://thejoieofseating.com/custom-race-seats.html

Lajoie diamond series seat $900 best seats made and most comfortable. I love my saturday night special wont use any other brand seat.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »
yup I second the lajoie.  I'd look into the diamond series seat, that's what I have and they mount super easy.

Dan

Offline slack11

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »
Anyone bought one recently.... I called a little bit ago and could have sworn I was told 1300 for a new diamond seat....

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:12 pm »
Is nobody paying attention to the fact that he likes the LaJoie seats but can not afford one right now?
 I have a Kirkey seat with Butler shoulder, head and leg supports. Sorry! Don't know the model #.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »
Is nobody paying attention to the fact that he likes the LaJoie seats but can not afford one right now?
 I have a Kirkey seat with Butler shoulder, head and leg supports. Sorry! Don't know the model #.

Steve

Yes we are.  He said he likes lajoie.  the lajoie diamond series seat is only a few hundred more then a kirkey and is affordable containment seat.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:14 pm »

Steve

Yes we are.  He said he likes lajoie.  the lajoie diamond series seat is only a few hundred more then a kirkey and is affordable containment seat.

I didn't pay anywhere near $900 and I have a full containment seat.

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 09:34:35 pm »

Steve

Since you want to debate.

He wants kirkey 68 series seat. they are $705 new with seat cover add $50 or so for shipping.

Lajoie diamond series is $900 with seat cover add $50 or so for seat cover.

that is $200 in price difference. Also to add you can pay 50% for the lajoie seat and pay rest once seat is done being made and ready to ship.

"Since" he likes lajoie seats this would be a good option for him.  It it worth it for the comfort and safety in my opinion. You can disagree if you please.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 09:46:46 pm »

Steve

Since you want to debate.

He wants kirkey 68 series seat. they are $705 new with seat cover add $50 or so for shipping.

Lajoie diamond series is $900 with seat cover add $50 or so for seat cover.

that is $200 in price difference. Also to add you can pay 50% for the lajoie seat and pay rest once seat is done being made and ready to ship.

"Since" he likes lajoie seats this would be a good option for him.  It it worth it for the comfort and safety in my opinion. You can disagree if you please.

Not debating.
Don't know what Nate has to spend on a seat.

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »
Yes very true.  Don't know if he is buying new or used.  I was basing my pricing of new with the seats he listed in original post.

Offline slack11

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »
Hey,
  Didn't mean to start anything.... Just looking for some opinions.

I live 30 minutes from the kirkey factory, so wouldn't have to pay shipping on the kirkey.  The 68 series seat from kirkey without cover is 565 on their website.  Not real concerned with the cover, figure I'm not in the car for a long enough period of time to need the cover. 

Would love to stay around 5-600, 900 is do-able, but I gotta recheck the pricing with the lajoie, could have sworn they told me 1300 a couple of months ago.  That is out of the budget..... 

Anyone use a butler full containment seat?  If they are a nice seat would be nice to spend 400 less and use that for some other things......

Offline jrhgomez

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »
Nate,

I bought a Lajoie Diamond Series seat at the Parts Peddler show.  Paid $1000 shipped.  I just made my final payment, so it should be here in a week or two.  I can call you when it arrives and you can put it in your car to see how it fits.  Let me know.

James

anything