Author Topic: Two way radio's now legal for INEX  (Read 39136 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Two way radio's now legal for INEX
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:52 pm »
I do know Robert and I still don't get it. I am kind of slow though.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Legends16

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2012, 04:52:46 pm »
UPDATED FROM USLC:

The two way radio system has been shelved for 2013. USLC may do some R&D with them at various events. USLC was overwhelmed with the response they received, there will be no two way system for now. USLC feels Racing Eelectronics jumped the gun with the display at the PRI show, this contributed to the demise of the rule change. Thank you to EVERYONE that was involved in helping this happen.

I personally would like to thank EVERY person that  made a comment on this site! This is a sticky subject with multiple opinions and it NEVER got out of control or became nasty! Thank you to you all no matter what your opinion was or is!

Thanks for the update Dennis.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2012, 05:03:30 pm »
I don't even have a trailer...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »
Sorry, what I should have said was I can not believe someone admitted to cheating on a forum. Correct me please if I am wrong but Thunder Roadsters are the only class legal to run radios.
I'll probably have to bring my own friends!!!!!!

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »
The radios are/were legal where we were racing this year. Not admitting to cheating, wouldn't think about. I did point out that they are out there where they aren't supposed to be, we even resisted getting for them for half the year.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 09:06:14 am »
There are several tracks here on the east coast that allows us to run them. ODS and Southern National to name a couple. It is a track rule but you do not have to run them. I have never seen a problem with people running them or not for that matter. They are really a non issue. I did run them and had a 15 year old kid as my spotter but say he has been racing for 11 year and drove a late-model too. I did use several spotters this past year also. I know that at least two times this year the radio saved me a lot of money in crashed cars. One instance was a blown motor with oil all in the grove. Without a voice in my ear I would have no doubt hit it and it would have been ugly.
So Robert was not cheating he was running at the same track as I and we used them also. I think I get it now but I still am a little slow.

Scott Wilkerson
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2012, 11:36:01 am »
I understand now, we run dirt and I am 100% against radios and mirrors. Our home track requires all drivers in every class run raceceivers.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »
I don't even have a trailer...
Got a 24 footer for sale.  ;D

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 03:48:47 pm »
Too big for my Tahoe to pull, thanks though!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline andersoncodyracing

• WWW.CODY11.COM
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »
i say they all should be legal!
ANDERSON11RACING *CODY ANDERSON*
Phone Number: 513-546-4019
Email: Cody11racing@gmail.com
City,State: Cincinnati, Ohio

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »
You wouldn't qualify to have one.
Ruling has been shelved for the time being.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »
Within the past couple years Raceceivers have been useless at local tracks, they make you run them but they never talk on them. The raceceiver is a great tool if used right by the track. As for two radios, I have a complete setup which I have used at tracks in Virigina that do allow them. Rule was two way in one ear and raceceiver in other. Now that R/E offers that splitter I already placed an order this past week with them. I voiced my opinion to USLC that I am for radios, just because they would allow radios if this rule change goes through that doesnt mean you have to use them.

Many people has a negative response towards radios because they never used them enough to see the positive side to them. I have personally experienced it and know from other people as well that have been in a situation where after they say "If we had radios my car wouldn't be in the scrap pile now." Tracks have scanners that can listen into radio chat during the races, and if someone uses a radio to block it would be very obvious.

As many bad things you could say about radios there are twice as many good things you could say. This is always going to be a never ending debate just like brakes, mirrors, and much much more.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »
Nothing wrong with good healthy debate. Our problem may be we are spoiled with a great track that is usally 3 grooves, where asphalt is alot of follow the leader and radios are used to block and our director talks on the raceciever maybe more than he should. There are reasons that WOW, WAR, USMTS, IMCA, USRA, MARS, UMLA, Lucas oil late models and nearly every class of dirt racing does not have two way communication.
JMO, Bryan

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »
If the raceceiver had been used as it was supposed to have been at our local track, I probably wouldn't have had to purchase a new chassis and we wouldn't have purchased radios to suppliment.

Robert

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »
I totally agree with Robert, I took at nasty flip at Wall Stadium in October. If we were allowed to run radios there it could have saved me a car and multiple visits to the doctor for a concussion. I hope Inex allows them and then it will be up to you if you want to use them or not. Radios arent the answer to everything but its a huge plus in the safety column for me.

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com