Author Topic: Two way radio's now legal for INEX  (Read 42393 times)

knoxracing

Re: Two way radio's now legal for INEX
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:40 am »
Guys call or e-mail  USLC, tell them how you feel! Spread the word. The rule book has not been printed and we can change this

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:00 am »
they are not going to be a problem..lets advance forward  and not go back to the horse and buggy..technology is a good thing for everyone.I am  Glad To See This And The Brakes Coming Around To The New Technology..YEA TO 600!!!!!

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 11:08:23 am »
Rules like this make me glad we are just passing through the Legends.
I'll probably have to bring my own friends!!!!!!

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:09 pm »
Radio and mirrors are not the problem. That is like saying guns kill people and spoons make you fat. It is the jackass's holding the wheel that are the problem........ :o

Great response Scott, wish more of others thought the same way.

Robert

Offline amp racing

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:30 pm »
scanning the radios of other competitors will be interesting.. i can see the fights begining....

Offline Zero Hero

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 06:39:46 pm »
I chose legends because of the "INEX"pensive aspect of the class....I wish I had of recognized that the sanctioning body is also the sole source for most of the "required" parts and accesories for the car.  And for those of you making the arguement that these type rule changes are for safety purposes....you're completely wrong, it's about making money for 600 combined with pressure that big money sponsored teams are putting on them.  This was not how this class was originally intended.  If you want to "get out of the horse and buggy age" move up to a different class, legends weren't intended for the small budget racer to have to chase those with more funds, it was supposed to be a class where everyone could be competitive and still remain "INEX"pensive and driver skill set people apart....or at least it used to. Now-a-days it's just like every other form of racing...money buys wins/championships.  It's depressing that 600 has forgotten their mission statement "to provide a fun and affordable racing opportunity in which anyone can compete. This series is an attempt to fight the high costs involved in racing, and the rules are strictly enforced to ensure fair competition and cost control"     600 Legends leadership should be ashamed of themselves, clearly they have forgotten what it is like to be a budget racer.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 07:24:45 pm »
Thank You Matt, Dennis, Scott and Jim.
This site is NOT affiliated with INEX or USLC. Your opinion on "Proposed" or "Optional"  rule changes need to be directed to INEX so that they can get your opinion on record.
We can bat this stuff around all day long. Unless you voice your thoughts to INEX and sway them one way or the other, They are going to do whatever they they want.
Email, Call, Knock on the office door, Whatever.... If you want to be heard.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 08:22:16 pm »
UPDATE UPDATE
USLC MAY BE BACK PEDDLING!!!!! PLEASE ON MONDAY MAKE THOSE CALLS AND E=MAILS PLEASE!!!!!!

Offline Zero Hero

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
Email sent to John Haggan (competition director) at 600 expressing my grievances...Thanks Mr. Knox for your passionate voice!

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »
Im all for the radios. Ive used them in other forms of racing and it's really nice to know when someone is below you or your not clear. They said this is for Pro and Masters. If your against it run Semi Pro. Pretty simple. What is wrong with Change? Welcome to racing your going to have to spend money. If I need to spend some money to comply with the rules and safety so be it. Most everyone here has only pointed out the negatives. There are positives to. Let 600 make a decision and accept it. Maybe they can serialize the tires and we can only run 4 all season that will help control cost right? Because I know most everyone wants to win and will spend the same amount of money to make their cars faster as what the radios will cost.

knoxracing

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 10:13:00 pm »
First off, you do not get to choose the division you race in, LOL. Once a pro always a pro until 40. Once a Master you are a master.  Second ===serial a tire? So a tire has a serial number and you race ot no matter the condition of the tire? Honestly, how about if you want to run with radios, a spotter and a crew you run a different series. There are many aspects to why this is bad for this series. The huge pool of different folks that race on so many levels in the same series is amazing. Keep making these changes to make this a mini Nascar series will remove 50 percent or more of these folks, remove all these racers and the visibility of all these cars racing weekly and see what happens. So many people FAIL to see what made this so big, go ahead and make this what it aint and see whats left, an over priced rotting series. With the economy taking a huge wack at the car counts, it wont take a whole lot to drop the tree to the ground. The negatives greatly outweigh the positives.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 10:40:35 pm »
Everyone has a right to their opinion. If buying the radios are going to make or break you. This might not be the right sport for some. After all the biggest complaint im seeing is the money aspect of it. I for one with they would lower the motor price how about cutting $1000 off of that... There are a million ways to save money. Doesnt matter what form of racing this is. Some take it more serious than others. If you just got in this series and they told you, you needed radio's you would not question it. But since it hasnt been in place and its something New just like the Brakes theres a issue because you have to update your program. I mean really it's a update. Would you keep putting that blown out shock on or would you update it. Not all series and area's of the country will adopt the radio program so whats the big deal work on your area to keep it away. Like it's said before the tracks that run all the classes together will probably NOT adopt it. It will probably be a Big Class/Race deal.

knoxracing

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »
Thank you, YOU ARE SO ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION! Money is a small part. I work with so many people in these cars I get to see it all. The wide range of people in these cars is the issue. So we let tracks  or regions do it and those that do not want it leave it out. Have you been here long enough to see the declining numbers at national events and the declining numbers of people willing to purchase a license and tracks not wanting to sanction? This will create another divide, another nail in the coffin of this huge program. If we continue with this attitude of   division is ok, it will  continue to pull this deal apart. I hope no one takes my views as personal stabs! Again, I am a dealer, I can sell this stuff all day and make money, thats not my goal!
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »
Legends are growing in our area. But racing across the country is down in all forms from Karting-Nascar. I honestly dont blame the economy I blame people having no mechanical skills anymore and just pay people to do things. People paying others to do setups and stuff like that.

Offline Zero Hero

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59:02 pm »
You honestly blame lack of mechanical skills, not the worst economic landscape in 80+ years, for the decline in racing participation......are you serious  ::) 

anything