Author Topic: interior room...  (Read 7836 times)

Offline LunaticMark

• You're not drivin hard enough if you don't spin it
    • Cnc Graphic design
interior room...
« on: December 11, 2007, 04:43:03 pm »
Is there a noticable difference in interior room between the coupes and sedans?? My second driver is quite a bit taller than me and I don't want him cramped in his car.

Yes, I am a lunatic... but it's really fun!!!

CnC Graphic Design
 Vinyl Stickers, signs, decals, graphics, numbers
CnCgraphicdesign website
(702)685-7031

Offline thunder938

Re: interior room...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 06:05:48 pm »
NO, coupes and sedans have the same room,  the only exception is the round top coupes, 40 ford and 37 chevy.  Due to the round top there is less head room, leg room would be the same as all others..

Dave
Dave

Offline LunaticMark

• You're not drivin hard enough if you don't spin it
    • Cnc Graphic design
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:07:26 pm »
cool... I didn't think it was too different, if any and I didn't wanna have to stick his ass in the dryer to shrink him down... lol. thanks.
Yes, I am a lunatic... but it's really fun!!!

CnC Graphic Design
 Vinyl Stickers, signs, decals, graphics, numbers
CnCgraphicdesign website
(702)685-7031

Offline thunder938

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
HAA, you dont have to tell me I am 6 foot 3 and about 250!!!!!! Most of my friends say I am nuts to get in that thing, but its all gooood

Dave
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:20:37 am »
 Never ceases to amaze me what we will do to shoehorn ourselves in a race car!

I have to look up just to see Daves'  kneecap!

LOL!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline jmker60

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:09 am »
The only design difference between a sedan chassis and a coupe chassis is the door opening on a sedan is 22 inches wide and the coupe is 20 inches wide. As a result the sedan has a little bit more flex, not much and its hardly noticeable to most drivers. However, I believe that this is the reason that evryone says that a sedan handles much differently than a coupe.
About the only way to see it is to place both chassis's on jack stands placed at the end of the frame rails and measure the door openings.

Kyle. Daughtery

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:19:35 am »
I once drove a quarter midget for a day that was my girlfriends...well she's 100 lbs 5'2" if that and fit snug in there the way it should be. I'm 5'8" 185 lbs and had to drive with my ankles almost. My knees were about to the middle of teh steering wheel my elbows right up against the sides I was cramped in that thing! So yes I would shoehorn myself into anything to race. It was funny I was so beat up from that 20 laps that the next week in my kart I went out and tested did over 100 laps and it was awesome I was so comfortable in it haha! I can't wait till I get in my legend I haven't even seen it!!!