Author Topic: Bandolero SetUp help for beginners.....  (Read 13338 times)

Catbyrd

Bandolero SetUp help for beginners.....
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:12:13 am »
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and have seen a few post regarding set ups. I'm just getting into this for my 9 year old, any info on set up, etc. to help my son have a decent race with a new(used) car; would be a great help. Mainly for tracts around the Carolinas.  Or a refrence or link to some tech talk for beginners.
Thanks!

Ray 8)

Offline elimn8u_43

Re: Bandolero SetUp help for beginners.....
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:59:28 pm »
Welcome Ray, Bandolero setup information seems to be top secret. The only driving help that I have been able to find is to NOT use the brakes in the corner. These cars having only rear brakes will spin out if the brakes are used in the corner. Also there is a setup manual available at  http://www.lapierracing.com/ . Hope this helps.

Geoff

Catbyrd

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:14:12 am »
Ok,, thanks for the info Geoff. Do you know of any sources for used parts for these cars?
  Thanks...

Ray

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:28:50 am »
Hi Ray,
 Like Geoff said : Bando info is the best keep government secret!
Area 51 gets more press!!!  :D                             ;)

Best Of Luck to you and your son!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:20:16 pm »
About the only used parts that I have found so far has been on Ebay. Sprockets and chains are plentiful and you will see the odd part. You just need to keep your eyes open. If I find anything else I will let you know.

Geoff

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »
I hope some of the following info might help:

Most folks around here start with a 250/150 spring and 47-49% cross weight, as much front weight as you can get.  Some of our guys go to lighter springs after the driver gets comfortable.

Rear Stagger between 0 and 3/4" Cut tires seem to last longer and offer some grip advantage. Tires seem to take some running in to be good. Be patient and thourough when breaking in a new or rebuilt motor.

Gear it where it hits the rev-limiter at the end of the straight and then back off on the axle 1 tooth......repeat as necessary.

For a road course we used a 125, 150, or 175 spring (each side). As the driver got better we increased the spring rate. Castor +3 on each sied and camber about -2 on each side. We did lots of work on the brakes. The biggest issue was fluid boiling. We settled on Wilwood 570 fluid and had no further problems.

PM me, Send me a PM, E-mail me, or call me if I can help in any way.

Ed
racerigs@earthlink.net
928-486-7740
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 08:38:11 am »
Hey Rick

I race bandos, and the set up is different for everyone. The best thing for you to do is just keep changing your set up till your son feels comfortable driving the car.

Chance 8)
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

anything