Poll

Pavement or Dirt?

Pavement
12 (60%)
Dirt
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Pavement Or Dirt?  (Read 9774 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Pavement Or Dirt?
« on: December 03, 2007, 03:42:51 am »
 How many of you run pavement? How many run dirt?

Cast your vote:

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Kyle. Daughtery

Re: Pavement Or Dirt?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:00:39 am »
My team and I will be racing both pavement and dirt but with the majority of our racing done on pavement at the Speedrome on Indianapolis' east side. I believe we want to race a (or a couple) dirt races at Florance and I think the other was Gas City or at a track on the Indiana Ohio border I can't remember the name. We just bought our first two cars out of three and they are 37' Ford Sedans mine with an open 1200 and my uncle's with a sealed 1250 I believe. We got them last friday and I can't wait to see them!! Does anyone on here race at the Speedrome and want to offer some tips?

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:08:52 pm »
I used to race in the dirt in 4x4 trucks, but now I race on pavement.

Geoff

jon8j

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:49:04 am »
We'd have loved to try dirt, but nowhere around GA to run 'em as far as I know...

Sportsdrome is a really neat place!  Opened in 1947!  Shoot - anything from 1947 around here will have a stripmall or a condo on top of it. 
We raced there once this summer and it was cool to have a 20+ field in S/P on  a Wed. night!  Yeah, it was a KOIL race - but they said they have a good field of Legends every Wed. during the summer ...

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 10:16:09 pm »
We run dirt for the last 2 years and love it. It is a 1 1/2 pull one way but it worth it. The PA guys are tough though. Did asphalt 3 years before that in VA. I think dirt is more about the driver and less about setup and motor but they both help too. ;D

Scott # 77
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:19:25 pm »
Sticking to pavement for now.  I hear dirt is a lot of fun, but to be honest it sure seems a whole lot messy.  I can see the attraction though.  Keeps you on your toes, not much time you're not playing with the steering wheel, feathering the throttle.

If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:24:43 pm »
I also though it was going to be messy but it really only takes about half hour to clean up after you get the whole thing down. Be sure to use a shop vac on the inside before the wash down though.....LOL.

Scott # 77
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Red Racer1

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 10:26:33 pm »
Mr. Cole

Where are you and your son going to race next year since The Circle has been sold?

Kim Kelley Jr

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:54:22 am »
The dirt cleanup will depend on the track.  Tracks that are more of a clay aren't bad, but one I raced at around here was some kind of Mississippi River gumbo and it would take hours to clean up my street stock.  I would usually leave there with at least 30 pounds of that substance stuck to my car, even after scraping at the track.  It was like some kind of black Elmer's glue.  The track rarely dried out and had great bite, but I hated cleaning that car.  I'm looking forward to clay tracks and some asphalt next year.         

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »
WOW! 200+ members, and only 16 of  us  race...we sure do have a fan base! ;D :o ::)
C'mon guys, it'd be nice to know the make-up of the forum, although Im sure its a majority of asphalt guys :'(
Dirt's for racin, asphalt's for gettin there!!!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 04:31:02 pm »
Mr. Cole

Where are you and your son going to race next year since The Circle has been sold?

Kim Kelley Jr

Kim, We are planning on racing at Cordele.  Tom

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 09:22:19 pm »
Dirt is for Farming, Asphalt is for racing LOL, Have a great Holiday everyone.

Mike