LEGENDS > Non-Sealed Engines

what else can be done

<< < (2/4) > >>

HAMMERIN101:
even better!!!!    Jim failed to tell me which end it goes in !!   :D

knoxracing:
Install it and pump the compression. Do a leak down. These will help you know  where you are at now. These numbers will be helpfull down the road.

HAMMERIN101:

--- Quote from: knoxracing on September 10, 2012, 03:48:47 pm ---Install it and pump the compression. Do a leak down. These will help you know  where you are at now. These numbers will be helpfull down the road.

--- End quote ---
thanks Dennis........i did install it friday night.... got it running.... it runs good sounds strong doesnt smoke.i have issues with the carbs leaking out the over flow and vents... poured out at first then i cleaned them  it stopped for a day....they had some scaley rust under the seat above the sceeens ( probably from the old bike tank) my fuel cell is clean and new filter....now it only drips from one carb..i think i will try some new float needles and seats

knoxracing:
The screens come out, the puck they are attached to has o=rings, they tend to dry and shrink. They can be purchased anywhere that sells o=rings. IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE THE CARBS AND CLEAN THEM THOROUGHLY. Set the float heights and install.

HAMMERIN101:

--- Quote from: knoxracing on September 10, 2012, 09:36:49 pm ---The screens come out, the puck they are attached to has o=rings, they tend to dry and shrink. They can be purchased anywhere that sells o=rings. IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE THE CARBS AND CLEAN THEM THOROUGHLY. Set the float heights and install.

--- End quote ---
  the orings on the seats probably has srunk.they didnt seem to fit very tight when i had them out..the carbs are spotless other than the rust particles that were under the seats.i did disassemble and clean them really good.......there are 2 differerent needle and seats available.....one is for gravity.they other is for the newer fj with fuel pump.....from what i understand they can be interchanged.....should i use the ones for the fuel pump model..?   since our cars have fuel pump......not sure what year bike my carbs came from

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version