LEGENDS > Non-Sealed Engines

what else can be done

<< < (3/4) > >>

knoxracing:
You definetly want to make sure those carbs have been jetted properly for a legend car.  I am familiar with dyno-jet and red line needles. there are several clip positions on the needles, this is an important setting also.

racerrad8:

--- Quote from: HAMMERIN101 on September 10, 2012, 10:18:42 pm ---the orings on the seats probably has srunk.they didnt seem to fit very tight when i had them out..the carbs are spotless other than the rust particles that were under the seats.i did disassemble and clean them really good.......there are 2 differerent needle and seats available.....one is for gravity.they other is for the newer fj with fuel pump.....from what i understand they can be interchanged.....should i use the ones for the fuel pump model..?   since our cars have fuel pump......not sure what year bike my carbs came from

--- End quote ---

No needle needle seats cannot be interchanged. You must use the fuel pump seat with a fuel pump or they will leak.

Fuel Pump needle seat

Here is a carb kit that replaces every screw & o-ring in the carbs.

S/S screw & O-ring carb kit

Randy - RPM

HAMMERIN101:

--- Quote from: racerrad8 on September 11, 2012, 11:06:57 am ---
--- Quote from: HAMMERIN101 on September 10, 2012, 10:18:42 pm ---the orings on the seats probably has srunk.they didnt seem to fit very tight when i had them out..the carbs are spotless other than the rust particles that were under the seats.i did disassemble and clean them really good.......there are 2 differerent needle and seats available.....one is for gravity.they other is for the newer fj with fuel pump.....from what i understand they can be interchanged.....should i use the ones for the fuel pump model..?   since our cars have fuel pump......not sure what year bike my carbs came from

--- End quote ---
what i meant is you can put fuel pump needle and seats in the gravity feed carbs..the only difference is the hole in the seat is smaller in the feul pump seats

No needle needle seats cannot be interchanged. You must use the fuel pump seat with a fuel pump or they will leak.

Fuel Pump needle seat

Here is a carb kit that replaces every screw & o-ring in the carbs.
what
S/S screw & O-ring carb kit

Randy - RPM

--- End quote ---
what

VMS Motorsports:
Buy the kit from Randy.
Click on the "S/S screw & O-ring kit" link

HAMMERIN101:

--- Quote from: VMS Motorsports on September 11, 2012, 08:15:38 pm ---Buy the kit from Randy.
Click on the "S/S screw & O-ring kit" link

--- End quote ---
not sure which seats were in my carbs   so i bought the 88-92 needle and seat kits   just to be sure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version