Author Topic: Stringing the car  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Legend79

Stringing the car
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:32:14 am »
What is the best way to find the centre line on a legends car? The set up on the car has the front and rear wheels offset and I want to make sure I know where to put it back to when I break it! I also have another car I want to try to set up the same as mine, where on the car do I measure to find the centre line?

knoxracing

Re: Stringing the car
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:28:35 pm »
It is difficult to set up a Legend car via centerline. The reason is the chassis length is pretty short and the rails bow. The best points to find centerline would be at the rear cross rail (the one the battery box is attachec to). The second woulb be the fron cross bar (the fire wall is attached to it). You could use the rear I mentioned and use the the center on the shock tower cross member.  I am not real fond of this since the front and rear stubs may not be true.  I use specific a- arm measurements, then I square the housing and line up the right side tires to either be inline or offset or however you prefer them to be.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline Legend79

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 03:08:20 pm »
That's sounds like a better way of doing it, I've been playin at legends for a couple of seasons but now I want to understand the what and why so I can set the car up and Change things knowing what it will do, I believe the car is set how it should be but not to my driving style, I can can go at a pace but seem to have hit a brick wall.  The right side tyres are off set on the car the rear stands out further, is it better inline? Thanks for the info and help.

knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »
Give me a call and I will try to get you going in the right direction.

anything