Author Topic: No brake pedal??  (Read 10634 times)

Offline Hyerflyer2

No brake pedal??
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:41:21 pm »
I am just trying to get a pedal all new stuff brake man calipers new master new wheel cylinders  lines everything brand new I gravity bled and got somewhat of a pedal then tryed pumping them up and open bleeder then lost pedal completely  tryed gravity bleeding again couldn't even get any fluid out of either front or rear I also have bleeders on the master one for the frOnt one for the rear no pedal let the car sit for 10 mins you get somewhat of a  pedal if you push it slow but if you push fast boom right to the floor and still can't get any real pressure to any wheel cyl or caliper any help would be very much appreciated thanks in advance

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
Re: No brake pedal??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 12:29:40 am »
did you prime the master cylinder?  Normally we just bleed them with one person pushing down the pedel and cracking the bleed screw.  Then closing it and lifting the pedel.  is there anything that could clog the rubber lines coming from the resevoir to the master cylinder?

Just throwing some ideas out

Dan

igotmylegend

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:21:14 am »
Calipers?  Do you have your old caliper's? if so just try and swap them out. 

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:34:04 am »
as always check the pads and make sure they are seated. Then double check them because they will cause you to do a lot of unnecessary work.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:03 pm »
as always check the pads and make sure they are seated. Then double check them because they will cause you to do a lot of unnecessary work.

What Scott said.

I know it sounds like you have checked all this... Slow down....  check it again. At least it doesn't cost you money.
I am thinking that your master cylinder is not bled properly or you may have an air leak somewhere in the fittings.
My thoughts for what you think they are worth.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
1)keep bleeding, the steel vw stock master comes with instructions thar tell you NOT to bench bleed the master.
2)Make darn sure a pad is not out of place.
3)Tighten the rear sheos until they are almost locked and bleed in that position.

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »
I slept on it and started fresh this morning and gravity bled all fittings and bleeders and pushed proll 3 qts through the system and hit the pedal bam right to the floor again then I pressure bled the front as that's where it seemed where the problem laid and now I have a descent pedal but no where as good as my other car with the exact same setup and yes the pads are in the pockets and the shoes are adjusted up tight for now it will work as I'll be on track tues morn thank everyone for all the help

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »
Let us know where this is going and how your brakes work. Or, the solution that you come up with. It is so hard to diagnose problems when you can't put your own touch or feel to it. Best Wishes!

Thanks,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »
do both cars have the same master? As is steel vs aluminum? Make sure the pedal rod is adjusted properly.

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »
Make sure the new wheel cylinders are installed correctly. A customer brought his car last Friday and he was having similar issues. All new hydraulic brake parts, over the counter from a O'Rielly's. First issue, M/C leaking into car at seal. Replaced with another one under warranty.

Second issue, he had two different size wheel cylinders. Changed those to match and everything worked fine.

Look at the small stuff.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:30:14 am »
Yes both cars same steel master by the way I think they are a horrible choice  how would you recommend adjusting the master push rod as it does have  a little free play before it engages thanks again for everyone's advice

Offline racerdad

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »
when you say you (pressure bled the front) is that with a vac bleeder if so i had one heck of a time bleeding the brakes  when i replaced every thing in the system. what worked for me was to put the vac bleeder on the right rear wheel ( because it is the farthest from the master ) turn the vac bleeder on and pump the brake pedal at the same time. then the same on the left rear then the right front then the left front. the pedal was good but a little spungy. so i bleed it bye pushing the pedal down and cracking it open, closing it and letting the pedal up. and now the pedal is great. good luck
 cody

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:49 am »
The left rear is the farthest if you look at how they are plumed. I would do it from both rears though because of the T fitting.

Offline racerdad

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:51:35 pm »
you are right the left rear is i did not stop to look at that. so it may not matter witch one of the rear you start with because i started with the right. how do you bleed the left and the right? do you use a T- fitting and some hose? thanks cody

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »
I just do both one at a time. I just keep it simple and bleed all corners until there is no more air and have never had a problem other than the brake pad getting out a little and make me chase my tail for a while.......... ;)