Author Topic: Spares?  (Read 6997 times)

Kyle. Daughtery

Spares?
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:54:51 am »
My team and I have found three cars which we are planning on buying. They are all 37 ford sedans with I believe the four bar chassis which is legal right? We're getting  a few gears not really sure which ones and I guess quite a few bumpers. I'm getting a 1200 so when I decide to spin and throw the starter we can fix it ourselves rather than send it off to fix but what are the other things I'm going to need as far as spares that maybe we didn't know about? Also maybe some books I should read as far as setting up a car and chassis tuning shock/spring  tuning? Thanks guys!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Spares?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:50:49 pm »
As far as spares, check with your dealer, most have a trailer at the track with anything you might need, why fill your rig up with extra stuff you might never need? All I carry are bumpers since if you lose one they black flag you, and tires, along with oil, filters, and misc. tools. Best set-up book I've found is Dwarf car technology be Steve Smith, although its not bathroom reading, it's a pretty intense and in-depth read.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:01:09 am »
I do the same, At the track I have bumpers and spare set of tires mounted ready to go and maybe some springs if I want to try something and thats about it.  Now do not get me wrong when I got my car the guy was going ARCA racing and was getting rid of everything.  I got  a ton of parts springs, gears, brakes, ball joints, header, tires, wheels, extra body, etc.  Get as much as you can with your deal if you cant use the parts some one you race with will. 

Dave, Northern Ohio Legends 41
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:58:08 am »
Hi Kyle.
 Best reading material to date is Steve Smiths' "Dwarf Car Technology". I'm not real impressed with the video.
 JMHO. It's really about the only reading material pertaining to this type of car. All the theory applies. The main difference is that Dwarf Cars are more adjustable than the Legends Cars. Also, will depend on your use. If you are going the traditional route (INEX) or non-traditional (SCCA, drag race, etc...). Either way, the book is worth the $25.00 investment. You can order it through your local book store, or direct from Steve Smith Autosports.
 I've got some other reading materials you may be interested in also. I'll post them after I get some sleep. Sorry! It's been a long week. I have a couple days off ( Hopefully).

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.