Author Topic: USLCi Penalty Box...?  (Read 13736 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
USLCi Penalty Box...?
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »
What is the point?
If you're going to put a "penalty box" online, shouldn't there be some information along with it, not just the date, that there was an infraction, and there was a suspension.
Who did it? What did they do? How long is the suspension?

Maybe my computer isn't downloading something right, but it is useless as it is in my humble opinion

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ethan54

Re: USLCi Penalty Box...?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:07 pm »
I also noticed this and didn't understand it. Figured the page wasn't loading correctly, but guess i'm not the only one who thought this..pretty pointless if all they're going to post is the date.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
Back in the day, they had a "penalty box" in Real Estate.
Always looked forward to getting the monthly mailing (the days before email) to see who did what, and their punishment.
Was some funny stuff on there!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »
I remember they used to have one in the magazine they sent out every  now and them, it said what the infractions were for along with other info.

Offline jjdoyle

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
Yeah as big as Legend cars are they need to take care of that website. It is a disgrace it is the one outlet of communication for all of us. It should always be updated and have more info.

Offline Briz81

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:04 am »
Yeah, I have been surprised/disappointed at the Legends site. I emailed about a racing school and never heard back. Not to mention the parts catalog could be organized better and  actually updated with the new parts they have at their store in Harrisburg.

As for the Penalty Box, I guess they are trying to show they are on top of infractions without naming and shaming. Would think the name and shame would be a bigger deterrent than a general, somebody broke x rule at x track.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
The online catalog has been irrelevant for a few years. Per Ken Ragan a few years ago, it is because people were ordering through USLC (600 at the time) instead of the local dealers...so that won't change.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:44 am »
Had a long talk with John Haggan yesterday about some of the conduct that was displayed at the winter nationals. The short story that I told John was that I was really upset with some of the actions of drivers (and parents) in our sport. YES I SAID "OUR" SPORT. I told him as a paid member for the last 9 years that I wanted to come home and take the USLC sticker off my truck so no one knew I was affiliated with them. We had a long talk about the penalty box and I said that names, penalty and what happened needed to be posted. He said that he was going to have to start issuing fines also. Fines are good but some people have so much money that they just pay it and keep going. I also said that by making the names public it would deter from some going out of there area and running a different track. I think that he is going to do it but with pressure from us and "OUR" sport we can make them do it. Give headquarters and call and let them know how you feel. I did and I feel better know that they know how I feel. Have a great year.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:24 am »
Sounds like Scott is coming back to dirt...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »
No just get a little bent when people do stupid stuff like pour oil all over a race track after getting DQ. That is a classless act and as a organization we should not tolerate it.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:05 pm »
www.northeastlegends.com has a complete online catalog. If you need to order online, you can do so here. Just FYI...
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:27 pm »
No just get a little bent when people do stupid stuff like pour oil all over a race track after getting DQ. That is a classless act and as a organization we should not tolerate it.

Yeah, I saw that...pretty intelligent
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:30 pm »
Yeah, I have been surprised/disappointed at the Legends site. I emailed about a racing school and never heard back. Not to mention the parts catalog could be organized better and  actually updated with the new parts they have at their store in Harrisburg.

As for the Penalty Box, I guess they are trying to show they are on top of infractions without naming and shaming. Would think the name and shame would be a bigger deterrent than a general, somebody broke x rule at x track.

So, other drivers at those events would have to know who did what deed. Could another forum (ahem) re-post the pentalty box info with identifying info?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
Alot of times penalties aren't handed down until days later, so everything would be speculative and conjecture.
They really need to post the details, otherwise take the lame duck penalty box off the website
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 04:14:46 pm »
I agree , What is the point of having a penalty box when you don't show when and why? I don't know how true this  is but I was told that they want to post it to show people they are handing out penalties while protecting their identity. This way no one thinks poorly of them for their wrong doings.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com