Author Topic: Where do these tires go?  (Read 5117 times)

Offline legendsracer21

Where do these tires go?
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:28:50 pm »
Just purchased this car after getting back into Legends racing again.  I can not figure these tires out...can some one help point me in the right direction as to where on the car they go.  The guy I bought it from threw a set of used Feds on it for me before I picked it up since it had BFGs the locations they are in just dont make since to me unless I have the wrong idea.  I thought they were supposed to be cut with more tread on right side and less on left but there is no way i can figure to position them with the exception of one where that would be the case.  I have pictured the tires below.

This one is currently on left front with less tread on outside of tire and more on the inside.

This one is on left rear now with less tread on inside and more on outside

This one is on right rear now...less on outside more on inside

This one is on right front...less on outside more on inside.

Thanks in advance

Offline srxboy

Re: Where do these tires go?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Everything is right except that left front. Ive never seen a tire cut that way before. Was it used on a road course maybe?

Offline legendsracer21

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:33:49 pm »
Ok, I guess I should have added that I will be running 3 road course races first.  So does that mean the other 3 are wrong for road course, if so what do I need for road course

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:56 pm »
For a road course you will want less tread on the out side of the tires and more on the inside.  All you need to replace is your left rear, just get a tire like your left front.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

anything