Author Topic: 2012 Membership  (Read 8625 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

2012 Membership
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:03 am »
I see that the membership has gone up this year. I figured it would go up sometime. You can save yourself 30 bucks if you get it in early though. I did read where a track (I believe it was in NY) is going to NASCAR license instead of INEX. They did say you would need both to get INEX points of course but that insurance was better. Also thought it was interesting that they are asking for your motor and seal numbers this year. Don't they already have that information? Hum ???

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
Re: 2012 Membership
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:32:22 am »
river head raceway in ny is trying the nascar membership, haven't they asked for the motor seal number in years past?

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline racertoms27

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »
INEX has always asked for at least the engine serial number if my memory serves me.
As for running with a NASCAR sanction over INEX, don't see many benefits. License is less expensive, but if you chose to race elsewhere, you will need an INEX license as well. Kind of negates any money saving. Personally, don't see it as a smart move.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:43:05 pm »
It was only in due time tracks started to seek other forms of insurance for Legends Cars. I always hear complaints from promoters about how difficult it is to deal with INEX. I could only think of a handful of people that traveled outside of Riverhead this season. So if you are only planning to run that certain track why waste your time with an INEX license. Other than cool decals for your car and a card for your wallet you don't get much, lol.

I don't ever remember them asking for seal numbers on the membership form. When we were at the Big Money Race they checked in the computer to make sure you engine # and seal # matched. I think they are doing this to see how many people have sealed engines compared to open engines.

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:00:17 pm »
I don't remember them asking for them before either. I sent mine in with out the numbers because I'm not going to the shop to get them. They should already know what the numbers are, or at least you would think that they do. I don't really know anyone that had to use the insurance so I can't really say one is better than the other but if ODS went with NASCAR it would save us money on entry fees. They charge INEX members $35 a night and NASCAR $25. I don't know what the difference in licences prices would be either.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:50 pm »
They have never to my knowledge asked for engine serial numbers, sealed engine thing maybe?
Why does it matter if it's open?

They have always asked for the VIN
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »
We will see what happens with the Inex Sanctioning at Riverhead. Inex/Uslc is a subsidiary of SMI.  The last track that was Nascar sanctioned and tried to race unsanctioned Legends ended up sanctioning because Nascar basically told them they had to. We will see what happens, I can tell you that this is something that is not good for the Legends world as a whole. Yes it may seem fine to the local racer at the time, but it is not healthy in the big picture. I can tell you there have been MANY racers who I have helped with many problems at race tracks by calling Inex and or USLC and resolving track related issues.  Sometimes tracks, tech officials, other drivers or crew members can get into issues with each other and the racer taking the brunt needs help and has received it through Inex/Uslc. When the track solely controls it all and someone does something like misread the rules, you will have NO back up. When the track decides to let new rules or what htye consider unimportant rules slide it is the beginning of an out of control train. I know alot of peolpe do not feel the membership does much, but I can tell you its like home owner insurance, you pay it and pay it and pay it like you just have to, but when something happens you are damn glad you had back up. I am not trying to preach as a dealer, only tell you there have been instances that racers end up saying they are glad there is a sanctioning body specific to Legends. What do you think Nascar is gloing to do for you, nothing. At least Inex/USLC is a business that is specifically Legends/ Bando oriented. Look at the dwarf cars, they are out of control and a mess. Outlaw series are not healthy to the idea you all have bought into and invested in.  What has made Legends such a huge series nationwide is the fact that it is an organization. Why would a track want to go unsanctioned? Ask yourself that? It cost them $150.00- $200.00 per year, the techs are paid for by Inex weekly, how could this be a  bad deal for the track? $200.00 and they are opting out, who will pay the techs?
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
Agree with Dennis 100%
For the small cost, it's a no brainer to be sanctioned by INEX.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »
well said, i heard they could still get an inex license to run for points so would the track still be an INEX track with rules and such???

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 07:41:26 pm »
If the track pays the yearly sanctioning fee, which I believe is only $150 or so
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:02:35 pm »
In order for you to receive points not only do you need a license, the track also needs to be sanctioned by INEX. Mountain Speedway went unsanctioned for a year and they got  a handful of cars at most until they went back to being sanctioned in 2011. When they ran "outlaw" you had to run the track tire not Federal's or BFG's so the track was getting more money in that aspect.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline racertoms27

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:59 am »
Riverhead has not, as of yet, secured an INEX sanction. INEX was trying to contact the track but has not been able to get in touch with anyone as of the beginning of the week.
The NASCAR license that you would be required to purchase is around $90. For the savings, I don't think it is worth the change, but what do I know.
There have been more people venturing away from Riverhead than might intially think. Quite a few have gone to Mountain Speedway and Bethel on off weekends. One other thing that people may not be aware of is that any crew member associated with a Legend car has been required to hold a NASCAR license to sign in the pits at Riverhead but drivers only needed an INEX license. One of my concerns is is tech. Now you have cut ties with INEX if a sanction isn't secured. Even if you go by the rulebook, what teeth does it have and what technical support do you have access to? Think if there is a questionable part that NASCAR will be available? Don't think so.
Tom Sherman

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 07:41:34 am »
If you are going to a track weekly It would be benificial for your crew members to have a track license. Most tracks charge extra for a non-member/license because of insurance reasons. You are basically paying for your pit pass plus a one day license. Some tracks are more than others but that extra fee enables their insurance to cover you if something were to happen in the pit area. You actually save money in the end because the money you paid for a license is usually made back half way through the season in savings at the gate then the rest of the year you are now making more money back.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »
Just a reminder to get you memberships in by the end of the year for the $30 discount
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100