Author Topic: 2012 Dirt Nationals  (Read 19768 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
2012 Dirt Nationals
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:39:36 pm »
Why are they going to be in Minnesota again?
Nothing against the track or Tim, but this seems pretty ridiculous to me to go North in the middle of October to race two years in a row.
I guess I will have to miss Nationals for the second year in a row  :'(

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

igotmylegend

Re: 2012 Dirt Nationals
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »
Where do you see this?

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:01:50 pm »
Tim sent out an email earlier today reminding everyone Elko is still dirt and I think they have racing there on April 21 and 22?? He also mentioned dirt nationals at elko 2012 at the bottom of the email.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:05:16 pm »
maybe they are going to move it up earlier in the year and make it a double points race. Just saying. It would be nice to come back east a bit since it has been out west two years in a row.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
I just want to go somewhere warm. My one vacation a year is Nationals. I can freeze my arse off here at home.
Everyone I talked to said the track and facilities were great last year, I'm just a wimp when it comes to cold...not sure why I live in Wisconsin  ??? ::)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

igotmylegend

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:46:18 am »
Sorry didn't read the whole thing, once I seen 1/4 mile dirt I was done reading it.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:03 am »
Bring the Dirt Nationals back to the NorthEast, the last four years was PA, NC, MI, and MN. Why not bring it back to PA or NY? I have been running mostly asphalt the last year and half but if they brought it back to the Northeast both my brother and I would attend. If it is out that way again you can put our names in the NO column. It is becoming to political now, the nationals are meant to give back to the tracks to support Legends. Just like it is total &$*#&^ that the 2012 Asphalt Nationals are at Atlanta Speedway. Don't get me wrong I am probably going to go but its money going back into Bruton's pocket instead of supporting a track that can use it.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Brock13

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:52:16 pm »
Its not set in stone about dirt nats at Elko yet, but EVERYBODY that was there had a great time and thought it was the best dirt nats ever, from the drivers, INEX, USLCI and did I mention there were fans in the stands!  A few glitches, but nothing like the $#!Thole tracks that it has been at previously and the clusters that have gone along with it. We need to build on this event and not cater to a few people that want to have it in their back yard, just because. The facility is one of the nicest in the country and they treat us like they want us. I have been to 15 different nationals and the only ones that even come close were Lucas Oil Speedway (the only dirt that compared), Erie Pa, Dodge City Ka, and Vegas in 07, (this last one was a mess) We have gone out of our way to make this event better than all the rest and will continue to do so. Sorry about the weather but it could rain anywhere and it could be cold as well. If you werent there and didnt see for yourself, you missed out, but hopefully, you will get a second chance to be part of something special. Ask around to those who attended and find out for yourself before counting it out, it should be the "must go-to event" for everybody. The nice thing about the whole deal is that they only race twice a year on dirt so it takes away the "home field advantage" to anyone. CYA Next year April 20th and 21st to get some seat time before Nationals!

FFmedic

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »
Well said Tim.  I had a great time in Elko.  Great facility!  Yes it sucked it rained on feature night, but what do ya do.  I hope it is back in Elko in 2012, I will be there.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
Once again, nothing against the facilities or Tim, just would like to use my vacation somewhere nice and toasty warm
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »
I'm with Jim dosnt have to be on pa but some where with better weather ,,,,,
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:41:56 pm »
I don't think we should be allowed at Nationals together again Vern, that was expensive  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:49 am »
Eldora......................... ;)
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline nosted

• Have fun!Go fast! TURN LEFT!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 09:19:39 am »
I thought that Elko was GREAT!!! Facilities were great. Racing was great. And ,actualy, it was not cold at all.  ;D

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:16 pm »
I have nothing against the facility, speedway management or the racers in that area. I just think it splits up the cost of travel and time if they go back and forth. Last year the west coast racers had to come to Va for asphalt, this year the east coast guys had to go west and now in 2012 its back to the east.

My brother is only planning to race a half of dozen times this season on dirt so it wouldn't be worth it for us to travel so far. I won't be on dirt at all unless the nationals are back out east because I will be doing to much with asphalt. Not to burst anyone's bubble but USLC/INEX told us the same thing a few years back that Big Diamond was the best dirt nationals ever and they want to have it there again. Sometimes they just tell people what the want to hear then do what they want anyways.

All the negative comments people make about USLC is all brought on by themselves, I love legends racing as a division but I don't think highly of some of the top people at USLC/INEX right now. I personally believe it comes down to one thing, they never stick to their word.

In the end, where ever the nationals are I hope they are successful for the racers and the track. Doesn't bother me if USLC is happy or not, LOL.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com