Author Topic: Dirt Nationals  (Read 25179 times)

Hoopy_boy

Dirt Nationals
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:24:44 am »
 We rolled into the speedway to check it out a few hours ago. Beat the mega traffic through MPLS. Windy and cold. Be lucky if it gets in the lower to mid 60's today
Cars are going to be running crisp with it this cool out. I was going to update results but there is no way I am going to tote a notebook, pen and paper around in this weather

~ Gimpster ~

Hoopy_boy

Re: Dirt Nationals
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:37:24 am »
 I believe that Brockhouse has someone sending results to Jason and Lindsey so check Legendsnation.com for results as the weekend progresses. They are not here to cover the event.

~ Gimpster ~

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »
With such lovely weather it sure will be a challenge to put people in the grandstand to watch this event.  Too bad they couldn't of worked something out to run this event in warmer weather.   Stay warm and don't build too big of a bon fire that you start a camper on fire...LOL  ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:54:06 pm »
 Last week would have been warmer. There is a bunch of school bus carnage here. Leftovers from a bus race. WOnder if they will use them as fuel for the pig roast fire after the races... lol

~ Gimp ~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:17:43 pm »
Keep us updated Gimpster!
Thanks
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 08:27:20 pm »
They are not covering it on legendsnation. It is dirt and they only covered the one in NC. that one year. Keep us posted on all that is going on. I would like to know the car count.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »
Hi, Scott -

On Timmy 'Blazin' Brockhouse's Facebook, Jason Buckley specifically asked Tim to get updates to LegendsNation, and Tim implied that he had it covered.

Regards,
Kathy H.
Hough68Racing

They are not covering it on legendsnation. It is dirt and they only covered the one in NC. that one year. Keep us posted on all that is going on. I would like to know the car count.

Scott

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:37:55 pm »
Sorry we were hogging up the track time  ;D     As it was, we were scrambling to make up several rain dates from earlier in the season.

Regards,
Kathy H.
Hough68Racing

With such lovely weather it sure will be a challenge to put people in the grandstand to watch this event.  Too bad they couldn't of worked something out to run this event in warmer weather.   Stay warm and don't build too big of a bon fire that you start a camper on fire...LOL  ;D

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 10:40:54 pm »
Hey - I'm too lazy to call the track. What is Elko charging for general admission and pit passes this weekend?
Thamks.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:13 pm »
12 Semi pro, 13 Pro. Dont know how many Masters.
Brandon (Schmitt20) won his Pro heat race.
Facility is awesome and they have a heated bar.
Thats all I've heard so far.

Guess I'm not the only one that didn't want to go North in the middle of October.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 11:39:48 pm »
 For 2 day pit passes, Wanda and I, it was $120. $30 per person per day. Not sure about the grandstands gate price
 You all missed the best racing I have seen in a LONG LONG time ! The cool temps never held back ANYTHING.... WOW
From all the competetive runs to all the drivers we met as well as  USLC personel. Best time I have had in years with Legends Cars
Anyone not mking it here is missing one sweet track
Thanks for everything today ...

~ Gimpster ~

FFmedic

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 01:16:12 am »
Qualified 11th outa 18 pros.  Started 2nd in heat one.  took the lead on the green and led all but the last 2 laps.  Had a little bobble in turn 1 and the 4 car of Jordan Huettle got by me.  Finished 2nd.

Lots of good racing.  Track is good.  Hopefully the track will be good for tomorrow.  I think they said there was a total of 75 legends, 2 heats of younglions/semi pro, 2 heats of masters, and 2 heats of pros.

Offline ethan54

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 02:15:23 am »
Awesome track. Got 3 laps of practice before qualifying which mine/dj's group only got 3 laps for as well. Neither of us thought we got a real good lap off but DJ had fast time in semi-pro and i was 2nd fastest. Still dont know how we stood overall as no times have been posted. Unfortunately i was in the first heat right after they re-worked the track for the legends. It wasn't packed very well and pretty slick. Started last and got up to 5th. Me/DJ started in the final 2 spots for the race of champions which i think was 12th/13th as well due to the invert. I spent too many laps up top until i moved to the bottom. Finished 3rd but had i moved to the bottom sooner i could have got the leaders. DJ got up to 6th but both cars ran real well. Yes it has been pretty chilly mainly due to the wind, but the track is a ton of fun. 30 lap feature tomorrow and we should start in or near the top 5. Hopefully the rain stays away.

I do agree, though, the racing has been awesome. The semi-pro race of champions ran caution free, i think the masters/pro had a caution within the first couple laps and then ran nose to tail except for the leader who eventually got a decent lead.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 09:49:36 am »
I didnt think that they would have that many cars. I really doubt that there is 75 cars though. I knew the track and facility was going to be good it was just the 1300 mile trip (one way) and the outstanding payout that keep me home this year.

Scott

PS keep the info coming
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

FFmedic

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 10:06:18 am »
The announcer said the car count was 75, so not sure if its true or not.

anything