Author Topic: Fire Extinguisher/Fire Suppression System...  (Read 25669 times)

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
Re: Fire Extinguisher/Fire Suppression System...
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
Thanks Mike.  I got this system from Frank.  He had it sitting around and I told him about the issue I was having with just having the extinguisher mounted on the tunner right at my elbow.

I do want to take a look at your system.  I see in your pics that the nozzles point to the motor.  Do you have one in the cabin?  All the pics I see show them pointing at motor or fuel cell.  Does anyone have pics of one with the nozzles in the cab?

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 12:09:16 am »
Hey Ricky Bobby!

I'll take a photo of the nozzle in the cab as soon as I take the body off again.  (Still have to paint the car and clean up inside fiberglass work)  The nozzle is under the dash, so once the body is off, there'll be a great shot with all kinds of light.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Legend77

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 01:51:55 pm »
MegaMan,

Sorry I haven't been on this site for awhile.

In the fire service we almost never deal with halon. The only places you see these systems are in rooms that hold expensive computers and other expensive equipment. They are used because the halon will not damage the equipment and there is little clean up. Now don't get me wrong it is better having a halon system in the car then nothing. It still should be pretty effective in the fuel cell area due to it being  enclosed. I actually have a halon system in my car.  If you are looking into purchasing a new system I would recommend the foam system because it should protect the driver better, put the fire out, and it is very inexpensive to refill the system. Once my father accidentally tripped our halon system and it cost $500 to refill. Yes it will be a mess to clean up but it would be worth it in the long run if there was a fire. This is the link to the foam systems: http://www.firecharger.com/

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 03:28:24 pm »
Legend77,

Thanks for the link, I've added it to the reference and link list.

Thanks again,
Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 12:54:47 pm »
Has anyone used the foam system linked above?  Sounds like a decent product and hard to argue with the price. 

anything