Author Topic: Wiring diagram  (Read 10958 times)

Offline Legend79

Wiring diagram
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:01:10 am »
Hi,

Does anyone have a diagram of how to wire a legends car?  My car seems to have a lot of cabling it does'nt need! Im not running any clocks or gauages and want to remove these, there is a gear shift indicator that is staying in.

I've heard you only about about 7 wires to make these cars run but mine seems to have an entire encased loom in there that has lots of excess length and possibly more wires than i need.  I just want the bear minimum in there.

igotmylegend

Re: Wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:35:41 am »

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:04:08 am »
Go off the diagram Vince posted above. I removed almost 2 pounds of wiring, connectors, and a junction block from my car when I re-wired it the first time
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

igotmylegend

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:42 am »
I dont get why people need all that extra stuff in these cars.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:44:21 am »
Some guages can have benefits, but if you have time to look at them during the race, you're not racing hard enough in my opinion.
I run a bare dash with the exception of a mechanical oil pressure guage
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legend79

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:30:27 pm »
My car has a rev counter, oil temp, oil pressure, fan switches, LEDs, the loom has coils of spare cable tied up both ends of the car, it was all in the car when I brought it and it looks very nice but like you say, when do you get the time to look! Other cars in the pits have nothing but what is needed to make it go.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
My car has a rev counter, oil temp, oil pressure, fan switches, LEDs, the loom has coils of spare cable tied up both ends of the car, it was all in the car when I brought it and it looks very nice but like you say, when do you get the time to look! Other cars in the pits have nothing but what is needed to make it go.
The one gauge that i think is the most helpful is the gear indicator.  I didn't think i would need this when i got it but quickly found it to be helpful.

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:05:03 am »
The gear indicator is nice for when you spin out and need to find neutral or first. Embarassing enough to spin then to kill it when you restart thinking you are in first gear to take off and find you were in third... lol
lol that would happen to me to....or i would just loose count of what gear i was in while on the track with cautions and all

Dan
www.winterracing.net

anything