Author Topic: Legends Million  (Read 33026 times)

Offline JC38

Re: Legends Million
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 08:22:50 am »
They also need to pay the same for all divisions or lower the cost of entry. They charge the same for all classes but don't pay as much?

Scott
I agree, and then it takes them 3 or 4 months to get you paid for nationals.  I try not to ever get on 600 to hard, but some of the things they do there, i cant believe someone can run a buisness like that. there lucky they are the only ones that build these cars, because i dont think they would still be in buisness if there were 2 or 3 different companys that built cars.
Justin Comer #38

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
I agree with everything everyone has said about the purse money and everything else but this is the way I believe USLC looks at it.

The "Pro" division is the top division in Legends cars with the best drivers in their view. So when it comes to the payout they will pay more for the Pro race compared to the Young Lions race. I agree that if they are going to pay one division more than the other then the the entry fee's should be different or just pay the same purse for each division. It doesn't matter if you are a YL/SP/P/M everyone still has to travel, spend simliar amounts of money to even just attend.

I have always disagreed with how the divisions are structured. If you are a SP you need to have a minimum of 5 INEX wins in one calender year to be considered for becoming a pro. Now that is INEX wins not physical wins, but they also have to be 100pt wins. So basically if you are a SP driver who has won  races and finishes well your future is determined by how many other semipros there are in the race. I look at it like this, if you are a semipro and win a race against 24 cars that had 11 masters, 6 pros. 5 young lions, only 2 semipros that should still count as a 100pt win because you beat the "pro" drivers. If you are a SP driver and finish in the say 10th place but the first of 5 sp's you get a 100pt win, i dont think that is fair because now you have  person winning who is still a sp and someone who is doing just ok is now a pro. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone I just think they should base their decision on overall results instead of just your division results. Most places don't get enough cars like they do at the Summer Shootout to run everyone seperate. I guess no matter which way they do it, there will always be flaws.

You are also right,  it take 3-4 months to get anything out of them unless you are in Charlotte.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:40 am »
I agree with your view on the classification structure. It is in my view similar to the point structure, if you do not have  a large amount of racing funds, the ability to attend 40 - 50 races, you do not have a chance in hell of  competing in the points structure. Alot of the country only has 20 weeks and the tracks are either several hours apart or all the local tracks race the same night.  The entire system was designed with the thought we all live in areas like Charlotte and it will never change.

Offline JC38

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:48 am »
well the points they just take the top 20 finishes. obviously the more races you run the better your chances of cancelling out a bad finish. and im glad they pay more for the pro divison. but entry fees do need to be different for the class you are in. whats sp pay$250 or $300 to win. they should only pay a $25 or $30 entry
Justin Comer #38

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 01:04:02 pm »
They are changing the point system for 2012, I dont know how it is exactly going to work but rumor has it that it will be broken down by regions and home tracks sorta like how the nascar weekly series points work. So those guys who race 40-50 times it wont matter, the only thing that will count is what you pick as your home track(s) in your selected region. Right now they take the top 25 races so if you race 50 times and have 25-100 pt wins thats the 2500 pts which is the most you can receive. Then from there they break it down to how many 100pt wins, car count, etc to figure out a tie.

I think semipro dirt nationals only paid $350 to win maybe, which is crazy because a local dirt race out here is $300 to win. I thought all the races at last year dirt nationals were all with $1000 to win or even more. Everyone did one heck of a job, to bad USLC doesnt see it like that though. Its sad to say but ever since I start to race at more USLC events like Winter Heat, Winter nationals, and I will be heading to this weeks shootout and the million they treat you better and actually remember who you are. It's a shame they cant treat people like that no matter who you are.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »
I don't disagree that they should have different division and don't disagree that the pay should be different. I just think they should adjust the entry or make the pay the same. I never got a break on my licence or at the pump when I filled up. I guess you get what I'm saying. I really don't know why they don't recognize anyone out side of NC. There is some great racing and a lot of money spent outside of NC. Maybe in time with the the new leadership they will realize that. I will continue to say that this is still one of the best series around. I don't know how much longer I will stay in Legends because I just bought my kid a quarter midget. It should be fun to watch him race though.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:10 pm »
Sadly, I don't think the new management will change anything for the better, they won't even return emails or phone calls pertaining to them making more money.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 09:44:50 pm »
Alright.... This thread was simply asking who was going to participate in this years "Million" race. I have let people voice their opinions. I agree with most of what is being said. The problem lies in that it serves no useful purpose to bitch and whine on this site. Got a problem, or perhaps a solution... Contact the powers that be at INEX.
Sorry that I posted the subject.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 10:03:52 pm »
Sorry Steve, but the powers that be don't care.
They offered me a dealership in 2008, then took it off the table after i paid an option to purchase a showroom and secured financing.
Then, 3 years later, they call me this spring to offer me a dealership, I tell them no, they offer parts only, I tell them no, they say "fine, we have a bunch of other perople interested in Wisconsin"...so here it is, end of July, 6 months later, and they still don't have a dealership in Wisconsin. I'm buying parts from the Iowa dealer at retail and losing money on every sale just to keep my racers on the track and losing money on every sale. I attempt to call them back about the parts dealership and they won't get back to me going on a month now.
Thats where my frustration lies.
I'll shut up now, and get back on topic.

I will not be running the 1/10th of a million race, but I would have had 2 cars there had it been a $100 entry fee from the start.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »
I know how frustrating this whole deal is to the dirt racers. Don't know if they just don't take you guys (and gals) seriously or what.
Planning on the whole deal sounds like a last minute effort. Would be better to drop the whole thing and regroup. Better that they get their management in order than to try to promote something that just isn't going to make them look all that good.
JMHO

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:20 pm »
Not arguing the size of the purse. Just think that poor planning is what is going to hurt the organization.
I will be watching to see what the outcome of the race will be. Perhaps one of our LegendsRacer members will have a shot at the win, or at least make us all proud of a good showing.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:33 pm »
So, any Legendsracer members there?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »
Gotta love it.
Beginner Bando heat races, and controversy already  ::)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline 01MRMTransAm

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:47 pm »
So, any Legendsracer members there?

Bigmil (Gerad) is on the roster for the big money 100. Didn't look at the semi-pro to see if he's running both races.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 02:23:10 pm »
He's running both.
Finished 14th in the Semi-Pro C Main (top 10 transfer)
Now he's running the Big Money E Main right after he finished the Semi-Pro race.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100