Author Topic: Legends Million  (Read 32983 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Legends Million
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 08:08:00 am »
He probable wasn't running mirrors and didn't know he was out there...............LOL. Sorry just kidding the mirror haters out there.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

igotmylegend

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 08:45:06 am »
That happens all the time on asphalt, cold tires, pickup on the tires.  I see nothing wrong there.

knoxracing

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 09:28:05 am »
I really wish there was more consideration to the world outside of Charlotte when planning this event.  It would be hard to hold this race somewhere else since the folks that own the track are putting up the cash. The biggest complaints i hear has to do with racers trying to show up and compete with teams that have raced all summer and set up shops that have been there for years. The timing was not friendly to those across the country either. With these things combined,  it makes it hard to pull of 300-500 cars.

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 07:55:34 am »
LegendsNation.com spoke to Don Hawk, VP of Business Affairs for Speedway Motorsports Inc, on Monday, July 18th, regarding the Legends Million event scheduled for August 1st and 2nd.  Last week it was made known that if they do not get 250 registrations by end of day Tuesday, July 19th, the event will get canceled.  That has caused a lot of rumors to fly around the nation that Hawk cleared up.

First, if the Million doesn't happen, Hawk said that the folks that have paid already will get full refunds.  Second, many drivers have expressed reservation in registering because of the total cost of $500 for registration.  If drivers pay a $100 deposit now, that will increase the car count and chances for the Million to happen.

Ed

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 12:40:59 pm »
..did they cancel it?
The deadline was yesterday...
Will they try a big dirt race now?  ::)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »
Don't no Jim.

Like i said befor.Hard for (MOST) to get off a Mon,Tues and unless you live close.Might as well say wed also.Last year we had to take off Fri and Monday.That was hard enough.
Ed

Offline rusty61

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »
I  talked to Charlotte Motor Speedway this AM and they said it is definitely on but they are having a meeting around noon today to decide the payout structure depending on the amount of Entrants they have received.

Have not seen anything anywhere discussing it.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
I sure hope they give out refunds if people want out after hearing the greatly re-structured payout
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:37 pm »
"Legends Million Updated Info - Register by End of Day Tuesday

[07-18-11] LegendsNation.com spoke to Don Hawk, VP of Business Affairs for Speedway Motorsports Inc, on Monday, July 18th, regarding the Legends Million event scheduled for August 1st and 2nd.  Last week it was made known that if they do not get 250 registrations by end of day Tuesday, July 19th, the event will get canceled.  That has caused a lot of rumors to fly around the nation that Hawk cleared up.

First, if the Million doesn't happen, Hawk said that the folks that have paid already will get full refunds.  Second, many drivers have expressed reservation in registering because of the total cost of $500 for registration.  If drivers pay a $100 deposit now, that will increase the car count and chances for the Million to happen.

Drivers can register on the USLCI website (click here) or the CMS website (click here), or register at Charlotte Motor Speedway Monday night or Tuesday as forms will be on hand. "

This was posted on LN. Nothing has been posted on the USLC site as of yet.

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline rusty61

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »
i received a phone call from USLC a little bit ago and was asked if I still wanted to race or get a refund. He said that there about 200 entries and that they are going to change the purse structure and it is not going to be called the LEGEND MILLION anymore. They said that they are calling everybody from out of town to check and they still want to race.
Also a TV deal is in the works maybe.

Any way it is definitely on and everybody still wants to race even with a lesser purse.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 11:32:36 pm »
http://www.legendsnation.com/news/2011/archive/07-20-LN-Media-Exclusive-The-Big-Money-Race-is-On-at-CMS-100K-Purse-100-Entry-Fee.html

In my opinion this is better then the original purse structure.  Only one person wins the money so you have to know going into it that your not going to make much unless your that lucky person to win.  A $500.00 entry fee is a little steap but the $100.00 fee is easier to take.  I would be more willing to spend $100.00 for the expirience versus 500.

Just my opinion

Dan
www.winterracing.net   

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »
"about 200 entries" and  "over 130+" and "15 that backed out" (totaling 145ish) is a big difference.

If they would have announced a realistic plan in the first place, with some kind of advance notice, they would have had 500 cars there at $100 a piece.

Hell, I've never touched tar, but would have taken both my cars.

Hopefully they will plan their big events better from now moving forward now that the new leadership is in place
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 07:41:55 am »
I received a phone call yesterday from USLC and was asked if I still wanted to race if they continued with the event at a lower purse. They didn't mention anything about number of cars, but i would assume that there is about 150 throughout all four races including the sp/yl race, masters race, pro/million race, and the bandos. If they had 200 cars only 50 away from the mininum I think they would  have gambled on 50 cars entering between now and at the gate.

It would be cool if they changed the location of the event to make it easier for people nation wide to attend. With the cost of travel and all the race expenses by itself I can understand why people are hesitant to travel from the west coast. I had to choose this race over the Nationals because I can not take the time off of work and money to make the Nationals happen in Las Vegas although I would love to for two reasons. I would love to race at that track and I have never been to Las Vegas in general but just can't do it. That's why I am still in favor of the idea of having an Eastern Nationals, Western Nationals, then have the East/West Nationals somewhere mid-nation. This way people can race one,two, or even three if they want.

If you are attending the million, cya there.

Todd
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JC38

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »
I dont understand why they didnt just break the race up alittle bit and have 3 or 4 races at different tracks and have a nice purse for each race. hell they would probably have there 500 car count and more if they split it up. they need to quit planning there dates around the nascar schedule hopping that some of these nascar guys will run in it. Man i still wish they would have a dirt race or 2 with a nice purse and see what happens, they might be supprised.  But they are always going by the car count at dirt nationals and there never really has been alot of entrys at the nationals because gas prices suck for one thing and your racing for $1,000 bucks if your in the pro divison.  whats the since of driving 10 12 or 15hrs to race for a $1,000 bucks. Maybe they should make it $5,000 to win or something like that and let it pay back pretty good for once at dirt nationals. i bet they would get a real good car count...
Justin Comer #38

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 07:56:59 am »
They also need to pay the same for all divisions or lower the cost of entry. They charge the same for all classes but don't pay as much?

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing