Author Topic: Is there a "Master Brake List"  (Read 6312 times)

Offline PHA281

Is there a "Master Brake List"
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:51 pm »
As in, what the front and rear brakes on these are? I know front is disc, no clue about the rear.

Are they a standard brake off something? I've tried the search feature, but trying to search "brake setups" brings up endless posts..

Just an idea, but maybe someone should make a sticky? Composed of everything in the brake system, replacement #'s etc.. would make it easier for a noob such as myself  lol..

There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Is there a "Master Brake List"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:20 pm »
They are Toyota based. Mostly Celicas and Corrollas from the mid '70s to mid '80's. Stock front disc and shoes on the rear.
Research is what it's all about. Especially if you are going something other than the standard INEX rules.
DCR (www.dwarfcarracing.com) may be helpful to you. You can email me at justfreaky@3riversdbs.net
I'd be more than happy to throw around theory and ideas.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline PHA281

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:07 pm »
Cool thanks.. Maybe my brake sponsor carries the rotors and pads for these too! lol

That would be pretty sweet....

There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »
Likely that they do. None of this stuff is crazy, off the wall stuff!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline PHA281

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »
Thanks for the help. I'll be shooting you some Q's on the brake setup your running..

Waiting to hear from the guy selling the Chassis in NJ! That would be super...

anything