Author Topic: you have to be kidding  (Read 6427 times)

Offline cm

you have to be kidding
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »
drove 4 hrs to watch legends race at tms and they cancelled because they didn have enough cars saturday [7] to justify raceing sunday and they didn even have the common courtesy to update their web site about the cancelation. i did get to watch a team with 3 cars practice for a few hrs and 1 bandelaro so it wasnt a total loss. have been looking hard for a car to buy so i could start racing there and huston but i may reconsider now. i would have realy been mad if i had made the 4 hour trip intending to race only to find they cancelled without letting anyone know. thanks alot tms i hope you do better before you realy damage the legends program in this part of the country.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: you have to be kidding
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »
It's still off season for most racers. You should still be able to find a reasonably priced car this time of year.
Things don't usually start getting busy until March and April for most of us.
I know what you mean though. It is frustrating when tracks don't update their websites. Best bet is to call ahead to make sure they will be racing.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline cm

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:17 pm »
yea that would be a great idea but they dont answer their phone on weekends and they didnt cancel until saturday

Offline cm

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:41 pm »
sent them an email so far no response .

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »
Some of there low car count might be because some of them are at the winter nationals. I don't know that but just thought about it going on at the same time. I do know I have looked a radar and knew it was raining at a track and call them and they will tell you that they are going to run. A track can't call off a race until they have no option. I know it sucks to drive that far but you have to look at it from the track owners view. Steve is right though racing really doesn't pick up for a couple of months still.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline cm

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »
well i got a response to my email and like some of you said they explained that the winter series is pretty slow and they were sorry for the inconveinence. they even offered to pick up the tab on my next visit so they arent all bad.

anything