Author Topic: bandolero 4 link  (Read 9809 times)

west228

bandolero 4 link
« on: September 19, 2007, 05:43:47 pm »
Hey guys.  My son completely destroyed the rear of his bandolero.  I've got the back end together and I had to replace the coilovers on the rear.  My ride height has increased by about an inch.  The only thing that did survive the crash was the 4 radius arms.  When adjusting the radius arms should I adjust the top and bottom evenly to move ride height or does it matter?  I have no pinion angle to worry about and I'm not sure what effect the radius arms have.  Any help would be great .

Thanks, Johnny West
Leesburg, Ga. 

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Re: bandolero 4 link
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 07:58:57 pm »
Johnny,

You will adjust those radius rods to keep your panhad bar link on the suspension carrier (the part the axle goes through) from being in a bind in its range of motion  and to keep the brakes in the right position.  You will adjust the coil adjusters to get your ride height while adjusting the lower radius rod lengths to get your wheelbases right, while adjusting upper radius rods to rotate the  suspension carriers.  You kind of have to do each one a little at a time to zero in on where you want it.

I live in NW Albany and don't mind giving you a hand if you like.   I like watching those Bandos.  I know Katie feels real bad about that wreck.  Call me at the shop 436-7247 if you need me.

Was that your wife that came by ARC today to get a chain?

west228

Re: bandolero 4 link
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:05 pm »
Thanks for the info .I changed from carella shocks to Bilstein shocks and when i put the spring mount kits on I didn't realize that there was a different location for the snap ring other than where they put it and it left me with no adjustment other than raising the ride height . I found it today and moved the snap ring and everything fell in place .I hope the suspension gods are looking over me and this thing will turn left this weekend.Maybe the rain will hold off and will see ya saturday.
thanks

anything