Author Topic: Bando News from Legends Nation  (Read 5547 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Bando News from Legends Nation
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:57:27 am »
INEX Looking to "Clean Up" Bandolero Outlaws Division After Year-Long Controversies and Incidents

12-15-2010 | National News

During the 2010 season of Bandolero Outlaws division racing in the Carolinas area, there have been multiple incidents on the track between a handful of drivers, resulting in trashed cars and yelling matches off the track, including name calling and harsh language by parents and kids alike in the pits.  A few drivers have been suspended or disqualified from single events or remainder of entire series due to conduct issues, which also has rumored to include filing additional entries for adult drivers to be either "jam cars" or intentionally wreck kids in the division (the Bandolero Young Guns and Outlaws division were combined into a single division, allowing 12-year-old drivers to race against adults of any age).

Darrel Krentz, Executive Director for INEX, told LegendsNation.com on Wednesday that the sanctioning body has felt that the issues during the 2010 season between a small group of drivers (as well as their family and/or crew members) has gotten out of hand.  The sanctioning body is going to take a more active roll in watching this division, hoping to return it back to a racer-friendly environment for all drivers to compete in.

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
Re: Bando News from Legends Nation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:23 pm »
 This my opinion only!  Bando racing should be for KIDS  8yrs to 14- Bandits 8 to 11 --Young guns 12- 14.  Teach the kids to race and move up in age group and experence.  There are lots of classes for adults, lets keep Bandos for kids.  T Worthy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 06:18:03 am »
I agree. Until I saw this announcement, I didn't even think about adults in Bando cars.
I think Bandos are a good transition between karts and Legends. By around age 16, they should be looking at moving up.
We seem to have a few of our members moving from Bandos to Legends for the 2011 season.
I do hope to follow the progress of some of our younger members in their transition to Legends cars.
Parents need to take into account their role in the developement of their children also. Teach them good sportsmanship, work with them on driving skills, etc...

Steve

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:41 am »
A shake-up at INEX Derrel Krentz no longer Ex-Director.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
The internal changes at INEX, USLC and SMI were announced 2-25-11 on LegendsNation in an exclusive interview.
I think most of us are hopeful that these internal changes are going to help when dealing with USLC and INEX.
I am hopeful that these changes will also help with problems associated with Nationals races in the past.
At this point, the changeover seems to be slowing down the process of the obtaining the current rulebook and INEX membership packets.
It appears that the new rulebooks and membership packets should be out sometime around the end of this month.

Steve

anything