Author Topic: How You Doing 2011?  (Read 112528 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing 2011?
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:53 am »
Wow! 2010 seemed like it went so fast! For most of us, it's time to rebuild and repaint. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting ready for the upcoming season and how you all are doing throughout 2011. Please post your off season progress and season results here!

Best Wishes,

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing 2011?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:40:01 am »
There is a lot going on so far this off season! Joe (Gartner) is holding a coloring contest on his facebook page in hopes of some new paint ideas.  Jim and the VMS team are regrouping in hopes of a much better 2011 season. Ross Racing (DJ & Ethan) are not only working on their cars, but putting together a race shop to do all their rebuilding and repairs. We have several new members that are getting familiar with their race cars and working on oil and engine cooling issues. Jeff (Steenbergen) is making his return to Legends Cars. It's going to be a very interesting season! I hope to hear from all of you!!!

Best Wishes In 2011!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:49:38 am »
Both cars still sitting on stands in the shop, haven't started on them yet. Have been doing alot of carb work for customers, so haven't had a chance to do any of my own stuff. I love my new ultrasonic cleaner!
I have the days off (so far) next week so tear down will begin on my cars.
Appearance-wise will be a radical departure from the last couple years, need to do something to forget about last seasons horrible season for me, although Dan did well his first season in a Legend after a couple years of retirement from the street stock...hope the changes don't jinx him!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 04:32:48 pm »
Going next weekend to get a new chassis and build what will be accentually a new car. My old car would tip the scales at 1198 lbs. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so we are going to build a new one. This will be the first new car that I have had since starting in Legends. It will be stress relived and have new CMG rear. I plan on ordering new hiems some new rods. Hope to have a very fast hot rod for next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all on here. Can't wait for the race season to get here.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 06:02:00 pm »
I have the car half torn down, getting ready to pull the motor out.  I have my main motor at the shop getting rebuilt and I have taken the body off with plans to re-paint the car in a new color scheme.  Also, I will be changing my number.....to what I don't know yet.  I am also getting the car ready to have a new front end  and rear end installed (frame sections).  Additionally Alfrey Motorsports ( www.tobyalfrey.com ) will be sponsoring me next year and Toby will be helping me with setups!

We have started a Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/bigmilmotorsports#!/pages/Bigmil-Motorsports-LLC/176040435749060 )
and a Twitter account ( http://twitter.com/BigmilRacing )
and we are getting ready to start a website.......tbd
Also, we have been putting videos up on our Youtube site (www.youtube.com/bigmilmotorsports ) including video of our progress over the winter.

On top of that I purchased a small camera to try doing onboard video in a unique way next year, we'll see how that goes, but if it works it will cost a fraction (but not quite as good) as the Hero cam's.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Gimpster

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »
 Closed shop due to my health. No room in my garage at home for the Legend to be inside nor room in my trailer as they are both  packed with shop equiptment.
Unexpected snow storms have it neatly buried under 20 inches of snow.
 During snow removal, I needed to move my truck. It still has number 2 diesel in it and the temp outside now is -5 without wind chill. Finally fired up but the fan doesn't turn. Realized that a few weeks before the wife found me passed out in my old shop and hauled me to the hospital that a waterpump had went out on the diesel. Late late one night I replaced the pump. Only refilled with water since nothing was open to get anti freeze. After all the health bs, guess we forgot to drain the cooling and refill with good anti freeze. Had enough in it that the block never busted. Heaters on the block and radiator thawing it out as the night passes. Evidently gelleg fuel shorted out a few glow plugs. After trying a new glow controller I still have no glow light.
 Life seems to be on a down turn right now. Suppose I better lease a shop soon and get life back in order

----- Gimpster -----

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
For the first time in a while I have an undamaged car with a running motor sitting in the garage.  I think that I might just start it every week or so to hear it run.  ;)

With only one race on it last year, I do not have much that needs to be done.  I'm sure that I can figure out something to keep me busy during the off season. 

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »
Our 2010 Season has gone well, I picked up a win on both dirt and asphalt along with the Championship at Bethel Motor Speedway NY plus finishing 4th at the dirt nationals in the pro division. My brother picked up his first Legends win with the Klascar Tour at Bridgeport Speedway NJ. My brother's son Alex got on the track with his Bandolero and did a good job learning while having lots of fun.

Right now we have a lot going on, I have been running down in the winter heat series with our '34 Coupe that was done by Dan Snyder Racing. I may try the road course races at Charlotte with DSR or possibly the Speedweek at Auburndale Speedway with DSR as well. Our two sedans are being rebuilt at our own shop getting them ready for dirt next season with the KLASCAR TOUR and Accord Speedway/Northeast Legends. We may also try a few Central Pa Series races as well if we can fit some in. Alex (age 9) will be racing at Bethel Motor Speedway for his first full year in Bandoleros.

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas and a safe New Year. See you at the track.

Todd
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JC38

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 10:26:21 pm »
Our 2010 season was my best yet.  I won are local track points at Springfield Raceway and also won are MoLegends Series points for the second time.  Right now the cars are still loaded up in the  trailer because we have been working on other projects so far this fall and winter, My Dad is building himself a Brand new car this year and keeping his reliable old #12 as a back  up car for next year. I have to pull my motor out and ship it off to get rebult by 600. Im also repainting my car going away from my black , white and orange that i have always had and painting it Blue and White in memory of my Grandpa that passed away in August of this year. He owed and operated a wrecker buisness in Joplin, Mo for 30 years and those were his colors blue and white .He was a special part of are family and has been dearly missed by many, thanks to Grandpa my dad my uncle and myself have all been around racing for 25+ years. Im also getting ready to have a daughter January 10th and hoping to get my car done in time to start racing the end of Febuary, so i have a busy off season for sure.   Hope everyone has a great 2011 and we will see you at nationals!
Justin Comer #38

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 05:25:21 pm »
Justin, If your dad is building a new car can you at least hide some extra lead on it.   ;)

Good luck on the new baby and see you next season. 

John

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 08:36:06 pm »
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends here on LegendsRacer!!!
Be safe. And please don't drink and drive!

Steve and Rhonda

Offline LJ81

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:56 pm »
We ended the year up winning the last 3 events. We had our ups and downs for sure. But ended up on a good note. Got the car pretty much ready to go for our dirt season. And got a second car being built to run some asphalt since the dirt racing don't seem to be getting better around here. But we have our open practices for our dirt tracks start Feb 19th. So ready to get going again.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 10:41:04 pm »
Hmmm...still havent touched either car yet.
I did schedule myself off tomorrow though, so from 11:15-bedtime I'll finally start tearing them down, with help from my niece and a friend of hers.
At least the motors are done though thanks to Dan.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline TG01

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 02:39:57 pm »
Thanks for the plug buddy!.....
Dan Is Ready To Sit In That Seat Again. Plus now I will have the towing power to make the trips to the track so much better.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »
Finally have both cars stripped down as of 3:00 today.
We will do some welding this weekend, then they start going back together next week.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

anything