Author Topic: What Oil Cooler do you use?  (Read 19318 times)

knoxracing

Re: What Oil Cooler do you use?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:56 am »
Please call me if you have ANY questions
Dennis Knox
330-310-9212

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:01 pm »
Thanks Dennis.  Sorry to see that you decided to visit Virginia and Canada showed up (no offense meant to Canada  ;)). 

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »
Just wanted to make everyone aware that you cannot necessarily install oil pressure and return fittings on the Fluidyne 30317 double pass oil coolers on red painted ports.  I am in the process of going thru this install myself and upon receiving my new double pass oil cooler, I reviewed ports and noticed I could see right thru to other port on red painted ports.  I viewed unpainted ports and found plug insert halfway inside of tube(after first three rows) as should be.  I called Fluidyne and one of their tech persons told me that every once in awhile the incorrect ports are painted red, so you will need to look into your ports to make sure what side insert is installed.  Hope this helps!
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 04:31:31 pm »
Just wanted to make everyone aware that you cannot necessarily install oil pressure and return fittings on the Fluidyne 30317 double pass oil coolers on red painted ports.  I am in the process of going thru this install myself and upon receiving my new double pass oil cooler, I reviewed ports and noticed I could see right thru to other port on red painted ports.  I viewed unpainted ports and found plug insert halfway inside of tube(after first three rows) as should be.  I called Fluidyne and one of their tech persons told me that every once in awhile the incorrect ports are painted red, so you will need to look into your ports to make sure what side insert is installed.  Hope this helps!

I lost an engine this year to overheating because the painted end passed straight thru. We did not realize until it was too late. The hot oil would pass straight thru and never dissipate any heat. Of the 4 coolers I bought at the same time from the same dealer, 3 were painted correctly, one was not.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends