Author Topic: Cheating bando! Can't figure it out!  (Read 6622 times)

Offline carinata

Cheating bando! Can't figure it out!
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:20 pm »
Hello all!  We race bandos in VA and there is a bando that always wins our races. Not by 1 or 2 car lenghts but sometimes by 1/2 a lap! His car will miss and he still pulls away from he pack! We are all trying to figure out whats special about his car. We have some really good cars and racers there. Please help us out!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Cheating bando! Can't figure it out!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »
I wouldn't start off by accusing him of cheating. Perhaps he has a better set up, gearing, or maybe just a better driver.
With that said; Have you bothered to look his car over? Maybe he is doing something differently than yourself. Have you chatted about set up info? Perhaps everyone else is off on their gearing. A little diplomacy may be the best way to try to find out why he is so much faster.
If you are convinced that this person is cheating, throw up the money and protest the car.

Just my thoughts on things.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline carinata

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:22:45 pm »
We have looked at his setup and it is very similar to everyone elses set up. He is running half a lap in front of everyone else. His car is missing but pulling away from the pack! The track just sent some of his fuel away to be tested.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:25:11 pm »
Kind of sounds more like a gearing issue to me.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:57:37 pm »
You said the car in question is missing, sounds like rev limiter is kicking in and being over powered by extra rich carb condition, engine still making power at peak rpm.  Most driver will back off a bit when the engines misses this driver just keeps his or her foot in it.  Engine be danged full speed ahead!

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 07:56:54 am »
Ya all that is true but another thing his clutch could be grided
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:36:35 am »
The "C Word" is being kicked around a bit and it will always be in any sport espcially in motorsports.In Bandolero and legends racing the rules are very tight very little room for inovation.  In my short time in bandos,I have found speed is in the details,the smallest things make a big difference in speed.  Yes motors, if new and cared for will run smoother,tires infated to the best track conditions roll easier, your areo package how well it goes thru the air and a driver that can read the track thru the seat of his pants. All these thing add up to speed.  If you want to beat this kid find out what he is doing RIGHT,you may be surprised how your speed will increase.  The reason we race is to see who can go faster!  Tim Worthy

anything