Author Topic: Tell me if im crazy.  (Read 9714 times)

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
Tell me if im crazy.
« on: September 04, 2007, 01:51:08 am »
I have had this plan rolling around in my head for a while. 
Howz about a autocross specific car?
I have a way to buy a Liquid cooled Hayabusa Engine with a turbo and 325 hp.  The bike was tossed. Badly.  They guy now just needs the money. 
I want to toss this and the transmission into a dodge coupe and put in a custom disk braked rear axle with 3.56 gears and a limited slip diff.
The wiring will be fun, at the least.  But this will be the fastest legends out there and will kick some major butt on the autocross circuit. Not to mention the quarter mile..
There will be some chassis mods like far bigger front disks, suspension tweaks etc.
Crazy?  You tell me. :)

Pegalis

With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Tell me if im crazy.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 03:46:29 am »
Yep!; Your car-azy as a loon! ;D
 Auto-X is not all about horsepower. It's about time. You still have to find a way to put that power to the ground. Not saying it can't be done. Auto-X is about running the fastest time. Your racing the clock, not another engine. Handling is the biggest key. Your not just turning left.
 I started out in autocross running a borrowed Mercury Capri. I tore out all the weight i could; and still put back together in one day. I took out the back seat, passenger seat, disconnected the exhaust, etc... Was a hell of a lot of fun until my friend found out what I was doing with his car! Cut short my sports car career. :-[ ;D ;D ;D
 Drag racing is a great possability. Straight line; Hook that power to the ground and GO FOR IT!!!

Crazy? NO!!!
 Finding the right venue to run it in............???????
 If you got the time and money to do it ; Why Not.

I'm planning to run autocross with my dwarf car. Mostly because there is a lack of other venues to race it where I live.

Check out my post "Ancient History". Let me know your thoughts. I'd be interested in your oppinion.

Steve

PS,
 I hope I attached this pic. properly.
 Your gonna love this one!!!

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:26:17 am »
*chuckles* The v8 up front kills the weight distribution.  Looks neat though!  Hell, putting the power down will be a real pain with nothing resting on the rear axle.
The Hayabusa engine is mainly for the liquid cooling.  In autocross you really don't get up to speed for enough airflow to cool the engine.  The turbo and big HP is just a major bonus.  I raced my Mazda 3 quite a few times on the track and did Very well.  But the mini's were kicking butt out there.  What better that a mini classic dodge to show them up. :)
It seems to me that a very short wheel base, excellent weight distribution and stellar power will be a winning combination.
*chuckles* So, what the heck.

Pegalis

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:23 pm »
I'm hoping the smaller car and better weight distribution will help me also. Should be a blast!

Steve

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:11:43 am »

I started out in autocross running a borrowed Mercury Capri. I tore out all the weight i could; and still put back together in one day. I took out the back seat, passenger seat, disconnected the exhaust, etc... Was a hell of a lot of fun until my friend found out what I was doing with his car! Cut short my sports car career. :-[ ;D ;D ;D

I'm planning to run autocross with my dwarf car. Mostly because there is a lack of other venues to race it where I live.

Steve

Hell heck, that when you just hit up your local rent'a car and gut that :)
Realy all we need to do to dwarfs and legends to make a killer road course or autocross car is loose the spool in the back. 
Just try no to laugh you you beat the 600 hp race prepped  corvette with the *as some who dont race them call it.* Wanna-be race car.  :D