Author Topic: The Forum  (Read 8436 times)

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
The Forum
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:35:50 pm »
I've been reading this forum for almost a year, I see topics that have 1500 views with only 3 replies.  I  don't understand seating on side lines this is about racing and everybody has an opinion, why don't you express opinions  and share your knowelge, I use two fingers to type and spell check so I can read it. Lets hear from you.  Tim Worthy----justfreaky what are you up to these day has the snow thawed and Montana washed down the caynon?Hey  Tom over in Ga still going around in circles. Albany has bad memories got married there once a long time ago.  the only good thing I gotten from there is one of your rods.  Just steering the pot to see what comes to the top !

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: The Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »
Hi Tim,

People other than members frequent our site. Our page hits per day are way up. Non-members, of course, can not post. Sometimes, people will check out a topic even if it is not related to their class of racing. The membership here on the site has grown quite a bit over the years. I remember when there were only 40 members and only about 4 or 5 actually posted anything. I've learned a lot from those that do post. Thank You to those that post questions and solutions!!! I know there are members and non-members that appreciate your posts!  ;) There are several of us with over 1,000 posts.

One thing that most people appreciate, is this site is a place to try to find solutions and get questions answered. I, for one, will not debate INEX or USLC policy. Tom did not start this site for that reason. I think our Moderators do a pretty good job of trying to police the threads and keep things "ON TOPIC". Off season gets a little silly sometimes because everyone wants to get back out on the track and get down to the business of racing. A little silly time breaks up the winter months for a lot of us.

As for what I am up to; I will send you a PM and fill you in on all the goings on. I'm a pretty busy guy!

Regards,

Steve

PS,

When using spell check, make sure you are using the correct word.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:27:43 pm »
LOL i remember when there was only 40 or so of us. and to add to the post some times i look at stuff and am confused but some one else already answered it. so what would you post there.

I do like this line because being around the sport for 4 years that is the truest statement i have ever heard.

this is about racing and everybody has an opinion

Chance ;D ;D
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:16:22 am »
Some time it's hard to get people to express them selves.  Had a carb issue finnaly got it fixed, the dang vacume line to fuel pump hooked up weird, carb would loose fuel on top end.  Connected line to valve cover and worked great, thanks to help from other dads and friends.  The simple things can drive you crazy.  Then my grandson wrecks out, at least the carb is fixed!  Hope your weekend was a good run,I watched the vedieo enjoyed.  Maybe more people will joint in.  Tim Worthy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 11:22:58 am »
The thing with getting most people to" join in" is that they don't usually ask until they have a problem.
We have some of the BEST People on the Internet on our little site!!!!
There is a lot of knowledge amongst our membership. Most are just "Average Joe Racer". They are out there every weekend putting their all into it!
Sometimes they win! Sometimes they have a rough go of it!
We have USLC dealers, a few of the "Big Boys" (no offense guys and gals), and even a few that are just wanting to get started in racing. Gotta admit, racing isn't the cheapest of sports! Like any sport, forum, etc... It has to be something that drives a person. Gets them to think or thirst for more knowledge.  I think we have a Great Bunch Of Folks here on the site!!! May sound silly, but things like a vacuum line can drive a person nuts! I think that that our forum gives people  chance to get a different perspective on things or look into things that they have overlooked. Sometimes we tend to be too close to the problem.

I have spent a lot of time here on LegendsRacer over the past 3 years. I try to welcome each new member, encourage the newcomer's ,  research and help with problems that people may have, give my best guesses or knowledge and help to promote not only the sport, but the site also. I LOVE RACING!!!  I appreciate the forum that Tom has given us to express our views and thoughts. I have gained a lot of new knowledge as to how to best build my cars since joining the site. I have met some very good people here!!! I hope I get a chance to meet at least some of you in person at some point!

I encourage those that have not filled out their profile to do so. Those that have not introduced themselves; PLEASE DO!!! I think we would all get to know more about eachother. I know that I do! Most of us LOVE PICS!!!! (OK, Maybe just me  ;D ) Post 'em up! Show us your ride!  ;)

Regards,

Steve

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 08:36:50 pm »
Well there goes Steve agine whit thoes long posts lol.    Well I like all he says I will fill my thing out. I have met a lot of people on here to and will hope to learn.
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:46:13 am »
I wan t to give a little reconition to Jonathon Hernades  from Lockhart, Tx. He won his first feature Sat. nite at Thunderhill in impressive style,passed on out side for lead twice,one recalled for caution,the other with 5 laps to go.  A well deserved win with these restricted engines.  John's grandpaw prepares the car and keeps it running and deserve a pat on the back!  Way to go John, You may not beleave this, old John even put air-conditioning in the car for these hot Texas nites.  That must be the secret!   T. Worthy

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:41 pm »
Hey, all -

I was trying to edit my profile yesterday, and wanted to upload a pic. I kept getting an error message that either my file was to large, or was not an avatar. So, what is 'too large', what is considered an 'avatar', and what file formats are supported? (I did try to find out how in the Help area, but could't find the answers.)

Thanks,
Kathy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »
Hi Kathy,

Check the Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?board=35.0

Will tell you how to post pics and avatars. If you are still having problems, or need me to help, email them to me and I will resize them for you.

Steve

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
Re: The Forum - avatars
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:10 am »
Yay! I finally did it!

Kathy H.
Hough68Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »
SCORE!!!!
LOL! I would have posted that for you had you asked.
Nice Pic !!!! Only one better is Teddy holding that checkered flag fromhis inaugural race. ;)

Steve

anything