Author Topic: Rear Radius Rods  (Read 7900 times)

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
Rear Radius Rods
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:07:01 pm »
While perparing for next week race I noticed a  the axle was out of square, measured radius rods  to equal lenght. axle still not square.  Found mounting points for rear radius rods  was different  7/16  longer  from main cage on right side.  Is this normal(built in to frame)??  If I adjust the radius rods to square axle then the rods will be different lenghts and rotating axis is off.  Thinking about cutting the mount out and re welding to correct location, provided the rules permit. Anyone have better advice feel free to answer.  T Worthy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Rear Radius Rods
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:20:53 am »
23. PICKUP POINTS: Absolutely no modifications of the frame pickup points, rear axle pick up points or spindle pick-up points permitted.

27. RADIUS RODS/PANHARD BAR: The radius rods and panhard bar must remain within the stock dimensions (radius rods - either 5.5”, 7.0” or 8.25” in length / panhard bar 11.0” in length), aluminum thickness, location, and configurations of the original, as currently delivered by U.S. Legend Cars International. Each length measurement will have a tolerance of +/- 1/8” (0.125”). Steel radius rods or panhard bars are not permitted.

Trailing arm mounting measurements are on page 106 of the Appendix.

Could you have a bent mount or radius rod? Is the rear clip square?
Just thinking out loud on this.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:11:00 am »
Do not move the mounting points!!  They will throw you out in a heartbeat if they see that.  I would suspect the car has been clipped.  Sometimes they are just off from the factory.

There is no problem running the radius rods different legnths to square the rear axle.  Hopefully the wheelbase will cone in within adjustment range in the front control arms.

Are you squaring the axle to the square tube that runs side-to -side under the battery and fuel cell?
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:32:32 pm »
Received Email form Scott at INEX----  Checked with the frame shop ,  the mounting points  are different lengths, BUILT INTO FRAME, the only way to square the axle is with heim  adjustments on radius rods and mounting points can not be moved ,guess that settles that! We'll have to work  with it, back to drawing board.   Thank guys for the help, just learned a little more.  If I come up with something else will post.  Thanks Tim Worthy