Author Topic: Tire Temps  (Read 7435 times)

Offline BR1081

Tire Temps
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:50:35 am »
Hello Everyone,
My nephew has just started racing bandoleros this year and the setup of his car has sparked an interest in me.  I feel that I have a basic understanding of what all of the adjustments are, im just not certain what each adjustment affects.  I have taken his tire temps which are listed below, can I get everyones opinion on how they think the car is performing and some suggestions on what could be changed?  Any help would be appreciated.

LF - 15 PSI     
Inner - 109
Center - 122
Outer - 110
Overinflated?

RF - 19 PSI
Inner - 157
Center - 155
Outer  -156

LR - 15 PSI
Inner - 138
Center - 140
Outer - 124
I believe he has not changed tires from his old track and they may be worn to that track, it had more banking.

RR - 21 PSI
Inner - 153
Center - 149
Outer - 137
Same assumptions as LR, we will put new tires on in preperation for next week.

It seems that his right front squeels more on the exit of the turns, the car does not seem to be excessively loose but he is a begineer and it is difficult to get feedback.  Should any adjustments be made to bring the LF and RF closer in temps?  I have also been told that having a RF and RR at equal temps results in a borderline unstable car, and that the RR should be a little cooler.  The temps from LR to RF seem to be a little higher than the front avg.  Should the weight or springs be adjusted a little to bring those avg temps closer?

I am not sure of his set up other than tire pressures, I have requested his current setup and I will measure as needed to aquire any other information.

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
Re: Tire Temps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:45:22 am »
Well i would lower the LF a little and how much weight do you have in the car and were is it at.

Chance 8)
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
Re: Tire Temps
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:10 pm »
To help we need a little more info, Track size, banking, where you race for local help,etc. My personal opinion is more air presure to  start at all 4 corners, add air a little at time,watch car and times to see if you are going in right direction.  I know how hard it is to get feed back from young driver, kinda like pulling teeth from aligator.  Try to keep the car stable as possible for driver to feel the adjustments you make.  Tire temp across the tread indicates how much area is on track and how much work it is doing.  A push on exit  can be reduced with left rear presure being lowered(stagger) to much stagger will loose the rear coming off corner, make small adjustments.  What works for one driver may not work for another. Go to 4 link at google Afco tech will explan better how your 4 link works and how to adjust to track conditions.  Hope this helps .  T Worthy

anything