Author Topic: Tire Pressure  (Read 11100 times)

Offline Magic Man

• Abracadabra Holmes!
Tire Pressure
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:25:26 pm »
We have a gear rule and run restrictor plates.  We are looking for now very close in times to the top couple cars and are looking for just a couple things to get us there.  In line up I was looking at all the other cars and noticed something, they all had their tires blown up with air, it was very obvious they were running very high air pressures.  I understand the physics of it all, with the gear rule the bigger tires actually help by giving more top end by  changing up the gearing. 

My question is do most people run high air?  Where do most of you run your pressures?

Most of the advice I have received is running 17-20, 18-20, etc.....We are running 23,24,26,26 and I thought that was high, but I venture to guess everyone out there is well over 30lbs by the looks of the tires....

We are going to start this next practice and keep our stagger but progressively blow up the tires to see what it gets up....hopefully not too loose!

Thanks

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Tire Pressure
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:35:01 pm »
Hi Gary,

As I am not a Bando guy, I am sure there are people that will answer your question. Give them time.

Because Bandos do not have a lot of adustments for the chassis and suspension, I would guess that the best way to adjust is through tire air pressure. Higher air pressure will make the car looser; Which I have been told is good for these cars. As for what tire pressures most are running, I do not know.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:00:16 pm »
i would assume the variation in tire sizes and pressure would help with manipulating the gear ratio's. If you put to much air it changes the contact area on the tire. I would try different size tires vs air pressure. We have had tires from 53'' to 56'' and based on the tire size  i would have to correct the gear ratio

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:18 am »
I use air for little ajustments, for larger ones I use the springs.
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:52:26 pm »
Word of Note;  Don't assume any thing is square on your chassie,  MEASURE EVERY THING. You maybe surprised at what you find---Example--Mounting points for rear radius rods are different form the factory,my measurement is right side 7/16'' longer than left side.  This is built into chassie at factory.  FYI   T Worthy

anything