Author Topic: How are you doing this season?  (Read 30186 times)

jon8j

Re: How are you doing this season?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 09:09:36 am »
Hey - any time you can roll the car on the trailer, it was a good race!
JB

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 10:08:33 am »
Yeah!  We had our first time of being able to do that saturday night!  It was a great feeling not to bring her home with oil everywhere from a blown engine!   ;D
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 03:36:29 am »
GO CLARENCE!!!
 You guys have had a rough season. Glad to hear the car came home in one piece.
Keep moving forward!

All the Best to You and Barb,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:39 am »
Well this was my first year in the car and was having a great time.  Was just as fast as most other guys, even with my old tires.  Then things went bad.  4 car crash I was the last in to the pile and only, so I thought, bent the grill and front bumper.  But 8 laps later BOOM goes the motor. OUCH.  9 race old sealed motor with all the good stuff. So, with 2 races to go for the group I race with I am done.  It has been loads of fun and can not wait to run next year.  The wife not happy about the motor......she will get over it.

Good luck to all, the rest of the year and so on

Just wanted to say that I took the motor out and pulled the pan.  Broke the crank right in the middle between 2 and 3.  Now ship it off to a sealed builder before 600 puts the new rule in place.
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 01:52:35 am »
Thunder,
 I hope after the rebuild your luck improves.
You'll have to update us on what your builder belives the cause was.

Best of Everything to You and Wife,

Steve

Offline T48

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 02:33:35 pm »
Well, we're three races down now, and Saturday night Clarence finished on the lead lap for for the first time, and he wasn't very far behind ADMIN.  ;D
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 05:05:18 pm »
Did you notice that I DIDN'T touch the car all night?  ;D

Offline T48

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 05:59:52 pm »
Yes, I did, Mr. I'm Not Gonna Touch it!  I'm proud of you!  Of course, you were too busy helping another driver......you're one of the good guys.  ;D

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 09:41:44 pm »
Yes, I did, Mr. I'm Not Gonna Touch it!  I'm proud of you!  Of course, you were too busy helping another driver......you're one of the good guys.  ;D

Yes he was :). And Tom I appreciate your help! You and Clarence are two of the friendliest pople I've met since I started racing these cars. I look foward to seeing you both soon.

-Zach Weaver

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 06:50:00 am »
We were glad to have you Zach.  And as far as helping other drivers goes, that is pretty normal at our track.  We want you to race because that is what you came to do, and if it takes lending someone parts, tools, or help to make that happen, I promise you I'm not the only one there who would pitch-in.

Congrats on your win, you did good.  You have a good combination of drive and patience in you that I'm certain will make racing enjoyable for you.

Offline T48

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 09:58:46 am »
Ditto what Tom said, Zach!  I'm Clarence's wife (lucky man  ;)) - we look forward to having you back again.  I can attest to the help and support you get in the pits at SCS, if it weren't for the great guys there like Tom we would have gotten very discouraged very quickly.  But they've helped us, encouraged us, and hung in with us.  Now if we could just kick their butts on the track............ :D :D  Just kidding, Tom.  ;)

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 11:28:14 am »
I would be very happy to see Clarence beat me.   I'm not sure that is a very lofty goal for him though!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 05:46:07 am »
Way To Go Clarence!

Barb,
 He IS a lucky man.  ;)

Racers helping racers is what makes it fun!  Happy to hear you all are having a good time.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2007, 04:51:23 am »

Just a note on xtime

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 02:41:51 pm »
I don't have a car of my own yet, but got to drive one yesterday at the racing school Speedway Auto Mall does at Rockford, IL.  I definitely don't regret putting my modified up for sale to get a legends car.  It was more twitchy than the modified but once I got a feel for it I was impressed with how responsive it is.  I could not believe that the motors make enough power to break the tires loose half way down the straight away.  If anyone has not driven these cars before and is thinking about buying one, a school like this is a great way to get up to speed.  I learned more from one afternoon than I would from a season of racing on my own. 

Also, I got to turn some laps in one of the thunder roadsters.  Those things are pretty cool.  It was a little strange not having a roof over my head.           

anything