Author Topic: Engine/Carb advice  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Magic Man

• Abracadabra Holmes!
Engine/Carb advice
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:19:11 pm »
We are in our second season running Bandos and have now enjoying some success.  We are running up front(2nd - 4th) but are regularly about .1 to .2 off the race winner and top qualifier.  We spent most of our first season getting our set-up and lines down and now we need to look at the engine for the remainder of the gap between us and the leaders.

I am good with geometry and setting a car up but am anything but competent when it comes to engines(other than the routine maintenance stuff, oil change, valve springs/lash, spark plugs, etc...) so I am hoping to get some advice here. ??? ???

I was hoping to get a brief explanation on what people are doing when they are referencing flowing and blueprinting their carbs, what they think the best jets are for hot(over 100 degrees) weather racing are, and the availability of legal carb rebuild kits or performance rebuild kits?

What about spark plugs, I have heard other people using some different ones than those you get from 600 and I am wondering if somoe one is using other than the 7's with some success?

Thanks for any and all help!

Also, if you can add any advice on some of the small things that you may have found to help you get that last .1-.2 of a second!

Thanks Again!!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Engine/Carb advice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:39:54 pm »
It's good to see you post... Haven't heard from you in awhile. I do not have an answer for you, but hope that some of our Bando guys may be able to give the answers you need. Try emailing or messaging Ed at Bandostuff.com. He is pretty knowlegable with the Bando stuff. Chance and Tristan might also be able to help you out. There are a few good sources here for Bando information. Hopefully you will get what info you need.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:01:24 am »
Is he hitting the rev on entrance to turn. If he's not I would change the sprocket 1 up. That all I got.                                              Chance
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:48 pm »
See George Herrin at EC distrubing the best carb man for briggs two brl.  Go to heymow.com they got the answers for you.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:05:19 pm »
You might also check with Tom (ADMIN). He owns the heymow.com site and ARC Racing also. Might be able to help you out. He has a link to ARC on our homepage. Let him know that you are a member here on the site.  ;)

Steve

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:38:33 am »
Would'nt you like to see  what ARC and  the mower racers could do with the bando engine, I could see a 65 hp tire smoker! WOW. Has any tried yet? If so please post.  I do know of some drag racers building a bando Pro Stocker, maybe they will put on youtube.  T Worthy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 08:15:24 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Does sound interesting!
But, We are getting OFF TOPIC.

Steve