Author Topic: brake lines off master  (Read 9937 times)

Offline cryer

brake lines off master
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »
do the brake lines off the master  have to be just like 600 website shows? this car I bought I am not able to get brakes on it. I noticed that the lines are not they way 600 shows them on there website.
thanks josh

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: brake lines off master
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »
No rule on how the brake lines have to be run, just that there have to be brakes at all 4 wheels
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline cryer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »
no matter what I do to this car I cant get brakes. no air in it at all. the pedal just keeps going to the floor.

Offline Tornadorex

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »
The master that is in my car is marked F and R  the f is toward the front of the car. The rear brakes being adjusted in too far will also give the result you are geting . Run the adjuster out untill the shoes just touch the drums as you put them back on and then adjust in about 4 or 5 clicks. Also check to be sure the front pads are in the corect place in the bracket, sometimes the pads will fall down out of their slots. Hope this helps i have fought the brakes on my car alot this year, found a bent rear bracket and spendel and think i have them good now.
ohhh........this is gona hurt

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:28 pm »
Ive had 3 master cylinders with internal leaks this year, bleed out fine, pedal feels great. 5 minutes later-nothing.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline cryer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »
thanks guys. I think I have the  rear brakes not adjusted up enough.
thanks again !!!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:37 pm »
Did that seem to solve your problem?
If you have a proportioning vavle going to front, rear, or left front; Could also cause problems if not adjusted properly.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline cryer

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:42:44 pm »
I was not able to check it yet. I have the gear back out of the car again. I will get it back in before wed. MIS opens this weekend so I hope that takes care of it.

Offline jjdoyle

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »
Did adjusting the rear brakes solve the problem? I am having similar problem. But my rear brakes are adjusted just so I shows just touch drum and havent put any more clicks in, not use to drums here how do you guys set them at the track?

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 02:27:54 pm »
The rear brakes are originally designed for a car that has reverse.  The adjuster is designed to automatically adjust out to the correct location by driving in reverse and braking several times. 
On that Note.
Try having someone sit in the car and hit the brake several times while youI push it backwards down the drive way.  This should adjust them out as the manufacturer intended.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 02:53:47 pm »
The rear brakes are originally designed for a car that has reverse.  The adjuster is designed to automatically adjust out to the correct location by driving in reverse and braking several times. 
On that Note.
Try having someone sit in the car and hit the brake several times while youI push it backwards down the drive way.  This should adjust them out as the manufacturer intended.

Gerad

All of the automatic adjusting items on the brakes should be removed for the racecar. Also these are not Bendix action brakes and adjustment was automatic with wear and brake applications.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

anything