Author Topic: Plug wires  (Read 4838 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Plug wires
« on: May 11, 2010, 03:04:43 pm »
Probably a stupid question, but...
Rules say you can run the black coils with the stock or the Grey DynaTek wires. I don't see how you could change the plug wires...
 :-\

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Re: Plug wires
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:08:11 pm »
They are not interchangeable.

The stock FJ/XJ coils cannot use the grey wires. The wires for the Yamaha coils are solid core wires and the grey wires are carbon core and require the coil to have a recepticle for the end of those wire like the Dyna coil.

I read rule #42 on page 53 and I thing you are mis-interpreting the verbage.

What that was written for was those guys that decided when using the red coil they were going to use a "better" aftermarket Accel or Moroso 8.8 or 9mm sparkplug wire.

As I read it, it states; stock Yamaha parts or only Dynagray coil wires and red coils are allowed. Not that it is allowed to interchange these parts.

The stock Yamaha wires can never go bad internally due to the solid core on the inside and in 16 years I have never seen one ground out either.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Plug wires
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:18 pm »
Thanks Randy, was just reading the rules today looking for fun stuff and caught that, didn't think they could be changed, but figured I better ask.
I don't think I mis-interpreted it, its written stock parts OR grey wires, OR red coils...very misleading :

Coils, Coil Wires and Spark Plug Boots - These components must be stock Yamaha FJ1200/XJR1200/XJR1250(sealed) parts or gray Dynatek coil wires or red Dynatek coils marked with the INEX logo as delivered by U.S. Legend Cars International.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

anything