Author Topic: How to use Tire pressures to Alter handling?  (Read 6313 times)

Offline CP Motorsport UK

• Chris Pye Motorsport
How to use Tire pressures to Alter handling?
« on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:04 pm »
Anyone help, I have lost all memory on these cars (9 years since I last raced them) and how to get a car to handle better by altering tire pressures.  I have cut tires on the car, and set up helps car run round on rails, but I seem to be getting the back end too loose on exit of corners, compared to rest of drivers.  It doesn't happen in all races, only when track temperature is up.

We measure tire temps over inside, middle and outside so can work out which tires are not working/working too hard, but can't remember what I need to do to change things?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  We run asphalt (mainly tight 1/4 mile ovals).

Thanks
Chris

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How to use Tire pressures to Alter handling?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:13:02 pm »
There is an old thread somewhere but can't remember where right off.
Can someone refresh us on this?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How to use Tire pressures to Alter handling?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:01 pm »
Loose In                                              Loose Out                                       Tight In                                           Tight Out
 Soften LF Spring                              Stiffen LR Spring                          Stiffen LF Spring                          Soften LR Spring
Stiffen RF Spring                              Soften RR Spring                         Soften RF Spring                          Stiffen RR Spring
Increase RF Air Pressure             Decrease RR Air Pressure       Decrease RF Air Pressure        Increase RR Air Pressure
Decrease LF Air Pressure            Increase LR Air Pressure         Increase LF Air Pressure         Decrease LR Air Pressure
Increase Pinion                               Increase Pinion                            Decrease Pinion                           Decrease Pinion

Try this. This is a general guide from Kevs Corner.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything