Author Topic: Restrictor plate and gearing  (Read 7652 times)

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
Restrictor plate and gearing
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:00:13 am »
Using  a restrictor plate(red) and gearing 13--59  for3/8 mile tracks came across a problem, 3/4 straightaway hitting the rev limiter(what a drag).  Hitting the limiter each lap is not good for the engine.  Bando handled very good, no push and stable at limited speed, is there any way known within rules to help with this problem(14/59) or (15/59 )would help NOT IN RULES,  any help is apreciated. T. Worthy

Offline mch46

Re: Restrictor plate and gearing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:05:49 pm »
13/59 is WAAAY too much gear for a red restrictor Bando on a 3/8's; Try 15/56.  Also, carb blueprinting for a restrictor and getting engine tuned on a dyno will help tons-- you'll ususally pick up 3-4 HP!  Considering you are likely around 12 hp now, getting to 15-16 hp is about a 25%-30% hp increase.

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:40:23 pm »
who do you recommend for dyno and blueprinting? I am in search of someone

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »
The problem is not in the engine or power out put, if any thing it has too much.  Here in Texas I have been told that rules to slow bandos(red restrictor plate---and a gear rule 13/59) --Houston motorsports park and  Thunderhill in Kyle Tx. both 3/8 mile tracks. I don't mind the redrestrictor plate the gears are the problem.  Lap times were great during testing on Sat at Thunderhill, would have been even better if I could have up the gear, would love to be able to go to 15/56.  Thunderhill has agreed to 6 Bandolero races in 2010 for drivers and teams to get the required point races.  Many thanks to Amy Hogan and team  that made this possible.  Ya'll come on  down to Thunderhil and lets race!