Author Topic: Proper Bandolero Wiring  (Read 5813 times)

Offline billypotts

Proper Bandolero Wiring
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »
Can anyone give me some pointers on wiring for a Bandolero. Yes I already have a one of those wiring diagrans available form a numerous websites. My problem is that they way this Bando was wired when we bought it was not according to the diagram but somehow it worked fine. As a result when we tore it down and rebuilt it now it just wont fire up and smoke starts coming out of the motor around the spark plu areas I believe. 

We purchased a new wiring harness but were wondering if anyone out there has pics rather than diagrams close up of the wires as they coneect to the batters, to the back of the guages, to the starter etcetera. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Proper Bandolero Wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »
Check with Ed at www.bandostuff.com
He's a member here and is very helpful.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:35:00 am »
Hi Billy,
  Will the engine crank?   Do you have gauges installed?  Where most people have problems is that the "kill" wire should go to a switch that is normally closed and the completes the circut to ground to shut off the motor when the switch is in the down position.  Most people use a standard switch and turn it upside down.  When in doubt, disconnect the blue (usually) wire that connects at the front of the fan housing and the engine should  run, assumming it will crank over.  With  that wire disconnected,  you will have to kill the engine by pulling both spark plug wires or simply turn the idle down till it quits.

E-mail me or call anytime.

Ed
racerigs@earthlink.net
928-486-7740
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline billypotts

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:19:56 am »
Ed, you are correct.  One of the switches is turned upside down which confuses the hell out of my boy.

The engine will turnover but wont start and yes i do have guages. What kin fof switches should I replace with?

anything