Author Topic: Weight transfer  (Read 6898 times)

Sagermotorsports

Weight transfer
« on: January 19, 2010, 08:37:50 am »
Hey everybody,
   I did some testing in the fall with another racer, he has a 37 Chevy sedan and I have a 37 Ford coupe, he runs the exact setup I do including his cross weights and percentages.We drove each others cars and when we came off the track, we both had the same conclusion that my car is not transfering any weight going into the corner. Also both of us are over our minimum weight so neither of us run any extra weight in the car. I could really feel his car transfer weight while mine did nothing. He suggested that maybe one of my heims was frozen. I have started taking all the heims off and checking. Is there anything else you guys can think of that might be screwing up the transfer into the corner?
Thanks

Brett

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Weight transfer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 04:34:57 pm »
Check the shocks for bind also.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:20 pm »
Like Steve said check for binds and check your shocks and ball joints to make sure they aren't bent.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »
Thanks guys I will give that a try

Brett

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
Also your 37 couple chassis style does not permit the weight transfer the same as the sedan.  I went form a sedan to the coupe and experienced the same thing.  Depending on the track you are running you don't want ALL of the weight transfer that happens with the sedan.  Keep and eye on your shock travel and adjust spring weight as needed.  On pavement you don't want to have a huge transfer as this upset the car.  While it may feel good it will hurt you on a long run.  It will eventualy over work the right rear tire.  This is one of the reason those coupes have the potential to be quicker. 

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »
Thanks RB, I will take that into consideration, I will do the best I can but I won't try too hard to get the same rollover as the sedan.

Thanks

Brett