Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 307025 times)

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2010, 02:30:45 pm »
Traveling around in an RV racing each week sounds like my plan when I retire (in 25 years....)  :o

Welcome!!
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »
Hi,
My name is Kathy. My son, Ted, has been a car/racing fanatic since forever. We are finally trying to get him involved in racing. Have contacted the local legends/bando dealer, but need a bit more 'mentoring' than he seems to have time for. Stumbled upon this forum... looks like just the ticket! Especially for a family with no hands-on racing background. Another part of the forum said this type of racing is like a big gov't secret, and I couldn't agree more.  We are working on trying bandos.
Really excited to get involved, and looking forward to 'meeting' all the folks here.
Oh, we live in a suburb/rural area south of Minneapolis/St. Paul (aka the Great White North).
See you 'round!
Regards,
Kathy H.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2010, 04:48:16 pm »
Welcome.  You will not only be able to find bando information, but our neighbors to the North can give you information of properly heating a garage.   :)

John

Offline John_Schwemler

« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »
;)  I suggest in floor....
Go fast, turn left!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2010, 02:54:39 am »
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to Legends Racer!!!
Always good to see new members introduce themselves. Lots of friendly and knowledgable folks here on the site.
Ed, over at bandostuff, has helped our bando section of the forum quite a bit. Here is a link to some info from his site. It will be quite helpful. He's also a dealer. http://www.bandostuff.com/UsefulLinks.html

Tristan, Chance and Paul are some of our young bando drivers. They have been very helpful and encouraging to new drivers. There are several parents that contibute to our site also. As far as the "Big Government, Top Secret, Cover Up" thing; Our bando section has come a long way in the last 3 years. Read through the old threads and learn what you can from them. We will all try to help with any questions you may have.

If you have any questions, concerns, need help finding info here on the site, etc... Please feel free to message or email me. I am always willing to help where I can.

Best Wishes,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2010, 12:42:00 pm »
ROFLMAO!!!  :D :D :D
Not even fall yet, and we still can't seem to let this heated garage floor thing alone.

Steve  ;D

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:34 pm »
You may have noticed a little envy from the southern contingent and more from the northern US contingent...  Some of us up here in Canada like to put radiant heat in our garages...  During the long lonely winter months we will pine away, laying on our backs working under the race car while dreaming of racing.  But we are warm!  Our cars hit the tracks looking oh so clean.  All signs of last year's carnage carefully painted over. 

Only trouble is, we don't get enough track time to compete with those southern boys.

I went down to Winter Nationals in Orlando in February.  Got my butt handed to me by those lads that race 80 races a year.  This year we've had 8 races so far and there are only two left this season.  Wish I'd picked a warmer year to go down and play with the big boys.  I swear it was colder down in Orlando than up here in Ottawa!

Welcome to the nut house!
Mike

Welcome.  You will not only be able to find bando information, but our neighbors to the North can give you information of properly heating a garage.   :)

John
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline 89tgreen

« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:32 pm »
hi my name is Tony Green. i race a legend car now in the southern california area mostly. i started racing the legend the end of last year and im having a blast. doing pretty good this year. 5 races and have been in the top 4 every race with a 2nd last week at irwindale. i have raced about everything possible. i havent raced much the last 3 years but i was very much involed in racing. i worked at bill davis racing for 6 mouths as a car chief for tayler malsam that  now drives in the nationwide series. im very bad at wrighting so please forgive me.  thank you for having such a great site.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2010, 07:33:18 pm »
Welcome Tony!
Great to have you aboard. I hope you are enjoying the site. Lots of great people here.

Regards,

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2010, 12:41:55 pm »
Welcome to the site. 

Offline 37ford28

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2010, 09:59:22 am »
im joey collins i have raced go karts for 15 years and moved on to legends this is  my first year. i live in clearwtaer fl. im 23 years old and have a 37 ford sedan
I need a tenth...... "drive a little deeper,come off a little harder"

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:15 am »
Hi Joey,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!!!
I hope you are enjoying the site. Lots of knowledge and great folks here. Take time to read through the old threads. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Great to have you aboard!

Steve

Offline Kid Roberts

« Reply #297 on: October 04, 2010, 09:47:56 am »
Hey,
I"m Julian and I'm a racing fanatic. My dad raced street stocks, pure stocks, pro stocks, and late models for 20 years and I raced a kart for a season. Were moving down to MS next year and looking into running a legends car at Sunny South Raceway.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #298 on: October 04, 2010, 09:56:41 am »
Welcome aboard Julian,
Any Questions, feel free to ask, and make sure you take time to read some old threads, lots of great info.

Jim
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #299 on: October 04, 2010, 12:59:39 pm »
Hi Julian,

Welcome to legendsracer!
Thanks for posting the introduction. Lots of great people here on the site. As Jim suggested, read through the old threads. If you need help finding anything here on the site feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Steve

anything