Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 130503 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2010, 08:58:18 pm »
I think I'm going to wish you were still in the VMS Motorsports sponsored Sport Mod next season
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline LJ81

« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2010, 03:08:35 pm »
Ok, so either I suck as a driver or Anderson Speedway has it out for me.  In my last 5 races I have crashed 4 times (1 heat and 3 features) and failed to finish 4 of the 5 features.... Including this past Saturday night.  I even qualified 2 tenths faster than I ever have and ran in the fast qualifier heat but still managed to end my night against the wall.

I haven't crashed at any other track all year (25 races total) but for some reason I am inept at running at Anderson.

I think with 8 of our 38 races at Anderson next year, I won't be trying my luck there any more.

We have two races left this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.  Hopefully I can get the car put back together before Saturday.

I pretty much have to be the first semi- pro in both races in order to challenge Chris for second in the points.  Which may actually be achievable as I have runny best at Kentucky all year.

You can see the heat race and the feature (up to and including my wreck) on my YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/bigmilmotorsports

Gerad

I know the feeling man. We went through 2 months this year and tore something up pretty bad on the car. But we finally started turning our luck around the last couple of races. Won won the INEX Qualifier on the 17th at Carolina and then won the heat and lead all laps at East Lincoln on saturday nite the 18th. Finally had a good weekend! You can check out some of the vids on my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/LJDezigns81?feature=mhum  Start having some luck when the season ends......go figure. lol
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline Okiesnake

« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2010, 10:35:21 pm »
Update:
Well the season is almost over and as of Sept 2010, I am tied for 5th in the Nation in the Master's division in Legends Road Course Racing. http://www.uslegendcars.com/handler.cfm/template,points/cat_id,42511?class=12
This first season has been great!  I race with some of the top Legends road racers and the competition has really made me a better driver.
A buddy of mine and I went to a one-day set-up class by Roger Austin.  We learned how to set-up the suspension and tuning the motors.  Roger knows he stuff!
It was well worth the price of the class and the costs of the plane tickets.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2010, 08:14:39 am »
Ok, so either I suck as a driver or Anderson Speedway has it out for me.  In my last 5 races I have crashed 4 times (1 heat and 3 features) and failed to finish 4 of the 5 features.... Including this past Saturday night.  I even qualified 2 tenths faster than I ever have and ran in the fast qualifier heat but still managed to end my night against the wall.

I haven't crashed at any other track all year (25 races total) but for some reason I am inept at running at Anderson.

I think with 8 of our 38 races at Anderson next year, I won't be trying my luck there any more.

We have two races left this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.  Hopefully I can get the car put back together before Saturday.

I pretty much have to be the first semi- pro in both races in order to challenge Chris for second in the points.  Which may actually be achievable as I have runny best at Kentucky all year.

You can see the heat race and the feature (up to and including my wreck) on my YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/bigmilmotorsports

Gerad

I know the feeling man. We went through 2 months this year and tore something up pretty bad on the car. But we finally started turning our luck around the last couple of races. Won won the INEX Qualifier on the 17th at Carolina and then won the heat and lead all laps at East Lincoln on saturday nite the 18th. Finally had a good weekend! You can check out some of the vids on my youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/LJDezigns81?feature=mhum  Start having some luck when the season ends......go figure. lol
Coming to Nationals, Lee?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline LJ81

« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2010, 10:42:07 am »
I still don't think so. Money's tight this year plus this is the busiest time of the year for my business. Trying to work up some options to go. But I doubt they will pan out.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »
I finally raced this year!  Went down to Springfield for Octoberfast.  It was pretty warm for October and was a long day (including the 4 hours there and 4 hours back) but it was great to race again.  Car felt good in the heat race but lost some spots when a car spun in front of me and the caution did not come out.  In the feature, I was running in 10th out of 17 when car in front of me had an issue on the last lap so had to check up and let a couple of cars by.  The car felt better than it did all of last year and the driver was just a little rusty.  Won't be able to swing two days away from home for the nationals, but glad that I had a chance to get in some track time.     

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321 on: October 11, 2010, 12:48:55 pm »
John,

That's Great! Glad to see you got to turn a few laps.
Looking  forward to seeing a few pics of those 2 little future racers. lol!
Tell Mama that Rhonda and I said hello.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2010, 06:28:43 am »
Sorry that I have not been on the site so much this past 10 or 12 days! I have located my kids after some 18+ years, and it is taking some time to work on recconecting.
I do still check the site often. I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

Thanks for understanding!

Steve

Offline CP Motorsport UK

• Chris Pye Motorsport
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2010, 02:54:20 pm »
Well my return to Legends in 2010, proved to be successful, picking up Rookie Champion 2010 and 5 trophies along the way during the season.  Last Sunday on a very wet & greasy track I nearly won the Whites & Yellows Championship (for lower grade drivers).  Starting 9th on the grid I took the lead after 3 laps and didn't look back (well I did and saw an empty track for a while....) On lap 19 of 20 I was caught and passed in little space between me and the wall.  I finished 2nd in that Championship which was pleasing to say the least.

From 50 registered drivers in the UK Oval Track Legends Championship, I finished 10th overall in the National Points, and from 22 Semi Pro drivers I finished 3rd....

Not too bad return to the formula, we are now working on getting the car ready for a 2011 National Points title race!  Having Spent nearly $15,000 this season, we are seeking sponsors who can help in any way in our quest for the title.  Come have a look at the Sponsorship proposals on my website.  ::)

Chris

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:50 pm »
Congratulations Chris!
Very good season for you. Perhaps those LegendsRacer decals made your car quicker.  ;D
Or, more likely, you found the right set up for your car and driving style.
Great Job!!!

Cheers,

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:42 am »
I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone is doing to get ready for next season. I will close this thread around the end of December and start a new one for 2011. I hope all of you will post pics of your new paint jobs for next season and keep us updated on your season. While some of you have your cars apart for rebuilding, I would appreciate it if you would email me pics of front and rear suspension and steering set up.

As for my car, I have the engine ready to come out of the bike. Will be taking it to my brother for rebuilding. I ordered a few small parts from Jim at VMS Motorsports to upgrade my rear suspension. Hopefully, I will be able to have it ready for next season.

Enjoy the off season!
For those who are still racing, please be sure to post your results.

Thanks,

Steve