Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 135126 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2010, 09:17:25 am »
Jim,

Still a respectable finish, all things considered. It's been a rough year for you. It does seem like the car ran good when it was running right. The electrical issues and wrecks put you behind a bit. I do hope and pray that things will be looking good for you very soon.  ;)

Congratulations to Dan on a good rookie season! I hope you will be back next season.

Jeff, Congratulations on a very good season in the sport mod! Looking forward to seeing you back in a legends car next season.

Best Wishes Guys!

Steve

If nothing else, I learned alot this year and tried not to get too  frustrated. Also found out that Dan can build VMS a good, fast, reliable motor, so we can start expanding and do work outside of our team.
 Dan will definately  be back  again next season.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline linley racing

« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:03 am »
well last night at columbus motor speedway for me and that guy that drives that 49 car but once again I got him . I qualify 6 got lucky with the invert  and was put on the pole but i'll be honest i was not that fast when it all shook out i was the leader only for about 3 laps . fun while it lasted . finished 7 and miller was right be hind me . good night over all had fun and the car is in one peice.

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »
started 11th last night and finished 2nd. Ended up winning the track championship by 81 points. Had a very good season. No major wrecks. Just got nationals then idk about next year yet.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2010, 09:41:51 pm »
Yes, I admit Chris beat me....barely.  Unfortunatly for me that race puts me from leading the points in Semi-Pro to 3rd.....with 1 to 3 races left.  My car was the fastest it has ever been for me at Columbus.  Qualified 9th and finished 8th (out of ~18 cars).  I beat Heath by two cars but couldn't pass Chris.  I am currently uploading the videos of the races to my youtube account (http://www.youtube.com/user/BigmilMotorsports), should be complete in an hour or two.
Unless we race at Kentucky in October I will have to settle for third in points.....
I realize now I should have hit you harder Chris, that was really my only chance to get past you!!

Another weekend off before Anderson Speedway in Indiana!!  Of course the track that I have failed to finish at for the past 3 races......and Chris and Heath have done well at.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:43 pm »
started 11th last night and finished 2nd. Ended up winning the track championship by 81 points. Had a very good season. No major wrecks. Just got nationals then idk about next year yet.

Are you going away to school? I never asked how the tour went.

You can't leave now, Jeff's coming back and Joel is running full time next year.
Grant and DJ are moving up due to all their 100 point finishes...First time in years we'll have enough Pro's  in Wisconsin to get full points!
 If you end up in Illinois you can still come race brandon, don't make me drive down there and kidnap you on a weekly basis!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:00 am »
CONGRATULATIONS Brandon!!!
Great season!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2010, 09:37:59 pm »
haha :D not really sure yet what's going on for school. I have other options im starting to come up with. Not really sure tho if i will still be in a legend. My dad i think wants me to get in a sport mod or A-mod. In that mechanics race i was going to race a grand national but then never got signed up in time.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2010, 10:28:49 pm »
I wouldnt go right to an A mod...buy Jeffs car, you know it's good
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »
Well i had kinda a slow starte racing this year ,was involved in building and testing a car for the million dollar race,was traveling to charlotte everyother week running in the shootout with that car,I wasnt the driver.our driver was Jason Rochell.now I have started racing almost every weekend trying to get enough seat time for the national, so I dont look that bad........so if everything falls into place with me and my teammate we will be there. Vern #20
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2010, 12:11:37 pm »
2010...season over in Wisconsin. First Saturday night last night with nothing to do.
That sucked. I went to bed at 9:00.
Go PACKERS!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:30 am »
Well we qualified out side pole in the regional,Finished 2nd(15 cars).

Qualified 4th in the regular points race(22) cars.Finished 4th at Auburndale Speedway.Not a bad day at all.
Ed

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2010, 07:16:21 am »
Well we qualified out side pole in the regional,Finished 2nd(15 cars).

Qualified 4th in the regular points race(22) cars.Finished 4th at Auburndale Speedway.Not a bad day at all.

Congratulations Ed!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2010, 03:44:59 pm »
Ok, so either I suck as a driver or Anderson Speedway has it out for me.  In my last 5 races I have crashed 4 times (1 heat and 3 features) and failed to finish 4 of the 5 features.... Including this past Saturday night.  I even qualified 2 tenths faster than I ever have and ran in the fast qualifier heat but still managed to end my night against the wall.

I haven't crashed at any other track all year (25 races total) but for some reason I am inept at running at Anderson.

I think with 8 of our 38 races at Anderson next year, I won't be trying my luck there any more.

We have two races left this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.  Hopefully I can get the car put back together before Saturday.

I pretty much have to be the first semi- pro in both races in order to challenge Chris for second in the points.  Which may actually be achievable as I have runny best at Kentucky all year.

You can see the heat race and the feature (up to and including my wreck) on my YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/bigmilmotorsports

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:35 pm »
Good luck this weekend...must be nice to still be racing!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:28 pm »
I raced yesterday in Farley, IA and made my first laps in a Legends car this year.  We had no hot laps or heat race, just a 15 lap feature.  I started 6th and got the lead on the third lap and led for the next six laps.  I then spun going into turn three and got t-boned and broke the LF spindle.  Not the way I wanted to end the day but it was good to get some laps and see that I can still drive one of these things.  See you all at the Dirt Nationals.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.