Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 131708 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing? 2010.......
« on: December 12, 2009, 05:16:49 pm »
 The off season is in full swing for most of us. It was interesting to watch how those who posted did last season. Let everyone know how you are doing in the off season as well as the 2010 season.

Best Of Luck!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Gimpster

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:02:06 am »
For 2010, we will have one Master division car and 2 Semi-Pro cars based out of my shop so far.
Myself, I am not moving to Masters as I could,  and will throw my hat into the Pro Division once again !! 
We left the car pink for cancer awareness which I have battled with recently.

----- Gimpster -----

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:42:20 am »
Our offseason is going well so far, we have been doing alot. We have two cars 90% ready to race minus a few small things to finish up. Our other cars just came off the jig and are almost ready to start rebuilding. We will be starting off the 2010 season with a new paint scheme as well on our two primary cars. We will also be getting my nephew started in the Bandolero division this year as well.My brother and I will be using our two primary cars on dirt and our other two cars will be used as aphalt cars for a couple races unless we could sell our '37 Dodge Coupe.

Out of the Team 510 Racing stable, we will be feilding two Semi Pro drivers, one Pro driver, one Bandolero, one kart racer and one Sportsman Modified. Drivers will inlcude #19 Drew Weisser, #9 Joe Systo, #5 JJ Artfitch, #10 Alex McCollum, #0 Paul McCollum, and myself #m1 Todd McCollum.

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »
Gimpster,

I like the pink car; Looks very nice! Also, it is great that you promote cancer awareness. I hope you are doing better and all is well.
Best of luck next season!

Steve

Todd,

Sounds like you got a good stable going. Best of luck to the whole team!
Be sure to keep us all posted on the progress over the season.
Be sure to post some pics of your cars for all to see. The "Show Us What You Got" thread is the place to post them.

Steve

FFmedic

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:06 am »
Well with a little one on the way, my time for the car is a bit short.  Gonna slightly change the look of the car with black doors.  Also will run a limited schedule this yr.  Dacotah Speedway and only double headers outa town.   Then for 2011 its full boar.!!!!

Joe

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:43 am »
FFmedic, Congratulations!!!

Gimpster, once we get the new paint jobs done and all the cars ready I will be sure to post photos on that thread. Also, if you want to see current info and photos check our website out at www.team510racing.com

Where do you race? I always see that you post messages on here and LegendsCars group at yahoo.com as well. You seem to have a lot of great insight about what is going on with the Legends community. I think it is a great thing your doing by trying to raise awareness for cancer. Our father battled with cancer during the 2008 season and won. I remember my brother and I were in the waiting room during his surgery on a Friday night while everything was ready to race back at home for Saturday @ Grandview Speedway. Once we got to see our father after the surgery, everything was going well and later that night he told us to go racing because he will be on his way home. There was definitely something in the air that night because my brother Paul led laps 1-7 and then I took the lead on lap 8 until the checkered. My brother finished 7th i believe due to a flat tire but that was the first time a race where all laps were led by a McCollum. It was such a great feeling in victory lane and it was even better that the track films everything so I was able to get the dvd for our father.

I wish you and your entire family a Happy Holidays!
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:02 am »
We are stepping up from the Bando to a Legend.  We are planning the 8 road course series in Vegas and then it is off to the ovals in March.

We would like to thank Windsor Automotive of Lake Havasu City Az.  They have stepped up for us in a big way!  If you are in the desert and need help with your car/truck/trailer or street rod, they are the guys!

We are also expanding the BandoStuff.com product line to include many legend items.  We are making tire racks, trailer items, windshields and interior panels.  We can offer interior panels in 22 colors and textures as well as the standard black/white.  We have a catchy web site address....www.legendstuff.com as well as BanoStuff.com 
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 07:59:00 pm »
After the World Finals last week which culminated a perfect season in my Thunder Roadster, I am going to step out of my car and let me sons run it for most of next year. I was fortunate to complete the road course season with only one result which was not a victory. I was able to accumulate enough wins to head into the World Finals with maximum points. I was able to post the fast time, win the heat race and World Finals Championship race which capped off a perfect season of 1200 points.

My kids got their money together and bought a Thunder Roadster which they will share. I have chosen to step out so that each of them has a chance at running for the title since there isn’t enough races for them to get at least ten races in before the finals in just one car.

I will be running selected races and the 2010 World Finals to be held at Infineon Raceway. I am looking forward to being able to watch my sons, and help our Nor-Cal road racers complete for the 2010 Road Racing titles.

I am proud to say that Nor-Cal racers were able to secure three of the four division championships. The Masters division came down to a broken cam which resulted in 2nd. I have heard from our racers that they are going to shoot for the top tier again. I again will help my customers achieve that success as they did in 2009.

Hope everyone has a joyous holiday season and has great success next year.

Randy
RPM - Raduechel Performance Motorsports
rpm@swaybar.com
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 12:01:58 pm »
Congrats on the great season Randy.  I drove a roadster a few years ago for some practice laps and it was a lot of fun.  Now I kn0w who to hit up for information if I decide to try and get in any road courses next season. 

FFmedic

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 08:05:01 pm »
Progress update!
Got the car out on jackstands, pulled the fenders off cause I need some new ones.  Pulled the seat out to fix some sheet metal.  Pulled the steeing box off cause the mount was bent, straitened it, and now its cracked.  So I need to weld her up.   Just hope everything is ready for the car show in Bismarck Mid April.    pLus I'm still plugging away att he baby room.  Glad my wife is nice enough to let me work on the car also.  :D ;) ;D

Gartner

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:01 pm »
2 engines done, #3 just waiting on parts. Going to start pulling the cars apart next weekend hopefully
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ethan54

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 08:37:02 pm »
I'm also going to start doing some work on my car seeing 40 degree weather coming up for the weekend.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 11:33:31 am »
I actually have a functional motor sitting in my garage!!!   ;D

Cannot wait to get it in the car and make some noise.  It has been a long off season for me since I blew the last motor. 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:05:35 pm »
LOL! Was a tough year for you John.
I finally have an engine!!! Rode it home last night.
My God these things are fast!!!
Have neighbors that are local racers, and willing to help out with some welding as they are able. As most of the older members know, I am NOT a welder. <embarassed> I'm hoping this means I will complete my car sometime before next season. There have been many trials and tribulations over the years. I look forward to updating my thread sometime in the near future.

Steve

ctr

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »
Hi, my is Chancellor Tiscareno and I will be driving the #1 - '37 Chevy Sedan Legend for 2010.
After winning the  2009 WKA Championships in JR1 80cc, HPV1 100cc and Rookie Sportsman Yamaha 100cc classes  and 2 feature event wins driving my #1 - Bandolero, I look forward to the challenges of moving up to drive legends and teaming up with some of the best drivers on the west coast: Chad Schug, Mark Borchetta and Ryan Schug race team. I will be racing in the “Best In The West” Budweiser Legend Series at Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA.
You can check out my website throughout the 2010 racing season. www.tiscareno.com