Author Topic: Sprocket/ Spring Information  (Read 6452 times)

Joe_Racer45

Sprocket/ Spring Information
« on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:01 am »
I am building my Bandolero.... I came from the dirt track  racing 4 cyl sport compact size cars. Going up the asphalt lane of racing and I am trying to figure out a good start for this Bandolero...  I was wondering if the sprocket made a difference on the size of track that was raced on ie 1/4 mile track took like a 52 tooth sprocket.  I was just wondering what a good starting point is... Also how much weight should the rear springs be on the rear its not like a mustang mini stock where you have a 1000# spring on the lf and a 450 on the rf.  Just wondering if I could get some guidence.

Thanks for any help

Offline elimn8u_43

Re: Sprocket/ Spring Information
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:07:04 pm »
Go to this topic http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=46.0 . Has worked well for me with some tuning.

Geoff

Joe_Racer45

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:09:30 pm »
Whats a good starting point for a sprocket tooth count for a 1/4mile track. I was thinking somewhere from a 58 to 62 but that is a big difference.  Where is the powerband on the motors?

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:24:52 pm »
If you are new to Bandos consider the Bando 101 book.  You can download it for $19.95.  It is full of general Bando info as well as basic setup procedures.

www.bandostuff.com

If you buy the book and don't feel it is worth $19.95 or more, I'll refund your money.

Ed
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com